Historical Game of the Week

KRC

Was this the game where Stratton put the hammer to Keith Lincoln? I think of that as the hardest hit in the history of the Bills. I remember that the problem with that team was that our wide receivers were injured and Bo Roberson was a mid-season desperation acquisition. I'm not sure if Dubenion and Bass were both hurt or what. Billy Joe was not exactly in the Cookie Gilchrist mode but was a pretty good fullback. I remember getting beat up with a billy club by a Buffalo police officer as I climbed a fence to get into the rockpile that season and seeing Hagood Clarke intercept a George Blanda pass and run it in to win a game that was all but won by the Houston Oilers. ...

Gee come to think of that we had a habit of doing that to the Oilers, didn't we?

Was this the game where Stratton put the hammer to Keith Lincoln? I think of that as the hardest hit in the history of the Bills. I remember that the problem with that team was that our wide receivers were injured and Bo Roberson was a mid-season desperation acquisition. I'm not sure if Dubenion and Bass were both hurt or what. Billy Joe was not exactly in the Cookie Gilchrist mode but was a pretty good fullback. I remember getting beat up with a billy club by a Buffalo police officer as I climbed a fence to get into the rockpile that season and seeing Hagood Clarke intercept a George Blanda pass and run it in to win a game that was all but won by the Houston Oilers. ...

Gee come to think of that we had a habit of doing that to the Oilers, didn't we?

Nope-This game was played at Balboa Park/Stadium in lovely San Diego.