An interesting trade

blade

I think most people would agree that one of the biggest problems on our team is the run blocking. The single greatest contributor to that problem is weak play from the center. We might just be stuck with Fowler for the rest of the year but either way we should not have Fowler as the starting center next year. Besides Fowler not being good enough there is also McCargo. Now McCargo is not as bad as Fowler but he just has not lived up to the first round (where he was drafted). McCargo has shown flashes but is not consistent; he might just need a change of scenary. I propose a trade with Indy. They drafted at least 3 offensive lineman this past draft and at least two of them-Pollack and Justice- were highly regarded coming into and during the draft. Now I know Indy recently released one of their starting defensive tackles for off the field issues so they might need an upgrade over the guy that they have in there now. How about a trade of McCargo (former 1st rounder) to Indy for Pollack (3rd rounder) and a 2nd, if they wouldn't go for giving up the 2nd I would take a 3rd a mid to late round pick instead. I think it would work well for both teams. Indy would be getting a young former first rounder that played in the same scheme that they do. We would be getting a young center/guard that could turn into the long term solution in the middle of our o. line as well as some draft picks.

John McCargo does not have trade value. I'll be surprised if he makes the team next year.

To add to that, this is reminiscent of when posters kept saying we should swap Tim Anderson for this guy or that guy. Busted draft picks, even if they're up there in the draft, just don't have much value. Other teams can see almost as well as we can how little he's accomplished since the draft. If you want to deal John McCargo, you'll be lucky to net a 6th rounder.

I'm not saying there's no chance McCargo turns things around, only that nobody is giving up anything of value for the slight chance that he does.

Yo, check it, Indy's biggest problem IS their OL.

[/)

Indy's biggest problem was not there o. line in general it was Manning not being in sync with the offense because he was rehabbing much of the offseason. Also remember that much of the problems they had were because Jeff Saturday their starting center was out a few games. Besides as I said they drafted several good o. lineman this past draft so they might be willing to let one go because of that fact.

John McCargo does not have trade value. I'll be surprised if he makes the team next year.

I wouldn't say that. He has not lived up to where he was drafted but he is not horrible. He might need a change of scenary. Indy runs the cover two like us so that transition would be seamless. Also I don't remember Indy having a dominant interior d. line even before they released one of their starting d. tackles. Just because McCargo hasn't lived up to his first round selection here does not mean he couldn't be a good improvement over the two nobodies Indy has in there now.

You are digging at the right position blade, but none of the Indianapolis interior lineman are the guy we are looking for. Justice or Pollock are not gonna cut it. There are two centers in the upcoming draft we should be scouting the hell out of right now, Alex Mack from Cal and the Arkansas center Luigs.