Barack "Osama" On New York Voting Ballots

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/200..._in_rensse.html

Oops! 'Osama' on ballot in Rensselaer County

by The Associated Press

Friday October 10, 2008, 3:40 PM

TROY, N.Y. -- Who is running for president? In an upstate New York county, hundreds of voters have been sent absentee ballots in which they could vote for "Barack Osama."

The absentee ballots sent to voters in Rensselaer County identified the two presidential candidates as "Barack Osama" and "John McCain." In the United States, the best-known person named Osama is Osama bin Laden, leader of the al-Qaida terrorist group.

Commissioners for the Rensselaer County Board of Elections say they regret the error but do not acknowledge in a statement exactly what the error is.

I don't for a split second think this was an error. The letter "S' and letter "B" are not near each other on the keyboard.

Moreover, this upstate county is like a lot of counties in swing states. It's the mentality of the people who live in these places that should concern Obama.

I think the resentment of an African-American with an Islamic name is DEEP and deeper than Obama voters want to recognize.

I don't for a split second think this was an error. The letter "S' and letter "B" are not near each other on the keyboard.

Moreover, this upstate county is like a lot of counties in swing states. It's the mentality of the people who live in these places that should concern Obama.

I think the resentment of an African-American with an Islamic name is DEEP and deeper than Obama voters want to recognize.

So, McCain has a chance because racism and ignorance are alive and well?

Rensselaer County is not considered an upstate county by the people that actually live in upstate , unless of course you live in NYC in that case everything outside of the City is upstate.

I live in upstate Syracuse. Rensselaer is definitely upstate. And it looks like a lot of other counties in those crucial mid-western states.

Again, I don't see how this could have been a mistake.

Rensselaer County is not considered an upstate county by the people that actually live in upstate , unless of course you live in NYC in that case everything outside of the City is upstate.

You are an idiot. Do you even live in upstate? I lived in a number of areas in the state and Albany might as well be 500 miles from NYC. On substance, I would be concerned and want a valid explanation and have it corrected no matter the expense NOW!