McCain tells the truth

Some moronic woman in the group, gets the mike and with McCain standing directly in front of her, starts talking about Obama & calls him an Arab. John McCain stands up to her and defends Obama as a decent man whose ideas are different. Some of the idiots booed him.

I commend John McCain for the class he showed that his classless running mate would not know if it slapped her across the face.

Correction: He was booed after answering a question from someone who is about to become a daddy and said he feared an Obama Presidency for his child. When McCain defended Obama, he was booed. Later when the woman said Obama was an Arab, McCain then tried to cut it short, said he'd be the better President & was applauded for saying that.

Some moronic woman in the group, gets the mike and with McCain standing directly in front of her, starts talking about Obama & calls him an Arab. John McCain stands up to her and defends Obama as a decent man whose ideas are different. Some of the idiots booed him.

I commend John McCain for the class he showed that his classless running mate would not know if it slapped her across the face.

Good for McCain, but he and his campaign have created the monster and it's their legacy. It's just too late.

Here's that video.

Very surprised and impressed with McCain today. (This is the McCain I recall from 2000.) I hope the rest of the campaign gets the message.

PTR

What? Arabs aren't decent family people? McCain only said "no." He did stand up and you can tell that McCain was embarrassed... He almost grabbed the mic out of her hand...

They are reaping what they sowed with the hicks out there. And yes, I stand by my "hick" name calling.

Imagine the gall of JM, saying such a thing! The base wants to hear that Obama drinks babies' blood and laughs it up with bin Laden. Thing is, maybe if JM really believes this, he should send a memo to Palin to temper some of her rhetoric.

Honestly, I believe JM has found out that the negative / ad hoc stuff on Obama isn't working and he needs to change tack. I wouldn't doubt that their internal polling is saying that the independents he needs to win have been turned off in droves by this stuff. The campaign fed off the email 'Obama is a Muslim!' crap earlier that people mostly just had in the privacy of their own head. Allowed this stuff to stew among the base, and now, as you can tell from the ratty haired lady with the Arab comment... now JM might realize how far-gone this stuff has become b/c he didn't put it in check. EII, the hick word is strong, but I think it's warranted here.

McCain has really gone into a shell over the course of this campaign. The Straight Talk Express where reporters could talk to him about anything and everything was ended. Kaput. He's made some admissions and stances that have all but lost him specific states (Iowa and Michigan) and have people worried about him in the current climate (that the economy isn't his strong suit). I don't know if it's possible at this point. This country elects Democrats when they want to be mothered and elects Republicans when they want a father. America is running straight for mama's arms.

You really have to wonder where the McCain camp goes from here.

Imagine the gall of JM, saying such a thing! The base wants to hear that Obama drinks babies' blood and laughs it up with bin Laden. Thing is, maybe if JM really believes this, he should send a memo to Palin to temper some of her rhetoric.

Honestly, I believe JM has found out that the negative / ad hoc stuff on Obama isn't working and he needs to change tack. I wouldn't doubt that their internal polling is saying that the independents he needs to win have been turned off in droves by this stuff. The campaign fed off the email 'Obama is a Muslim!' crap earlier that people mostly just had in the privacy of their own head. Allowed this stuff to stew among the base, and now, as you can tell from the ratty haired lady with the Arab comment... now JM might realize how far-gone this stuff has become b/c he didn't put it in check. EII, the hick word is strong, but I think it's warranted here.

McCain has really gone into a shell over the course of this campaign. The Straight Talk Express where reporters could talk to him about anything and everything was ended. Kaput. He's made some admissions and stances that have all but lost him specific states (Iowa and Michigan) and have people worried about him in the current climate (that the economy isn't his strong suit). I don't know if it's possible at this point. This country elects Democrats when they want to be mothered and elects Republicans when they want a father. America is running straight for mama's arms.[/i]

You really have to wonder where the McCain camp goes from here.

That's a very interesting way of looking at things. I couldn't agree more

I hardly ever post here and I admittedly have not educated myself as much as the rest of you on this subject.

When I heard McCain talk it reminded my of the movie "Bravehard" when the old man dieing of of a sickly skin diseases was talking to his son and said someing of "you will approve of this in our lands to the ????? while I will order it opposed by our lands in the ?????"

Is the whole idea here (with McCains approval) that these seeds against Obama are being planted so that McCain can stand up their and look like a good guy?

I really get that feeling.