So where do we go from here?

As I sit here watching the conclusion of yet another horrific effort to play football my thoughts are turning to next year. Where do we go from here? Our players can't make plays, we look lost and there is no substantive sign of improvement.

I'm just aghast that the season is over and it's the sixth week! :(

What would you be thinking if you were Ralph Wilson and what would you do?

IMHO- The Bills MUST get rid of the players who continually find a way to lose. London Fletcher, Drew Bledsoe, Travis Henry(who I like, but he must go), I would bring in like 3 new O-lineman to help shore up an obvious weakness.

Start drafting guys who can make plays, not guys who have stats and numbers. Guys who win....

As I sit here watching the conclusion of yet another horrific effort to play football my thoughts are turning to next year.  Where do we go from here?  Our players can't make plays, we look lost and there is no substantive sign of improvement.

I'm just aghast that the season is over and it's the sixth week!  :(

What would you be thinking if you were Ralph Wilson and what would you do?

82864[/snapback]

Mike, I hit the reply button, but I don't have an answer. Just speechless. I'd love to hear someone answer Mike's questions.

We have a nice core in McGahee, JP and Lee...I just wish we could show some progress on the line.

Then again Drew appeared to have time when they weren't gunning for him.

I'm keeping the faith...but if JP doesn't work out... we are in TROUBLE....

Well.....just pray JP isn't a bust.

82869[/snapback]

Do not draft, free agent sign, trade for, kidnap, or build in a laboratory anyone that isn't a stud offensive lineman. As !@#$ed up as they are, look at the red zone offense. If there was a line that could open a seam, a hole or better yet, push someone BACK two damn yards, there wouldn't be a need for the bone head pass plays from the six. I'm really tired of seeing that, year after year. 1 and goal from the six. It's either a "shaky" 3 points or it's a turnover.

Start getting JP reps as soon as he is healthy. At the very least it will be something to build on for next year. Start Willis and Lee with JP and let them gell. With JP at QB it will help us better evaluate how good/bad our oline is. I feel our lines problems are exagerated with Drew. A better QB would make that line look better. I think our whole team is frustrated with our offense and it effects their play. We need new life and new emotion injected. Amazing the transformation that would take place if we had an enthusiastic, charismatic JP making plays and putting some points on the board. JP will make his share of mistakes learning the game but he will be a tremendous upgrade towards the end of the season when he starts to learn to read defenses better. As for our oline- like I said I dont feel it is as bad as it looks. We have a hole at LG-we can fill that with our high #2 draft pick next year. Our defense is pretty solid. Once we start winning and putting some points on the board we will see a drastic improvement.

If I were Ralph Wilson I'd give Drew Bledsoe an extention and a pay raise because he's the only good player on offense! Its just that the rest of the team is dragging him down. I mean, how can anyone be expected to win games with stiffs like Eric Moulds, Willis McGahee, Lee Evans, Travis Henry, Jonas Jennings, and Mark Campbell?

Sheesh, get Bledsoe some friggin' weapons already!

Guest friewall

this was a waste of a good defensivce effort, giving up ten points on the road.... for next year we need to get rid of Henry, Reed, Bledsoe, Shelton, and campbell.

You guys made jokes all preseason about the Bills being billsfanone. Well guess what? We are, unless Ralph engineers some major housecleaning(read 'Fire Donahoe') but Ralph is too far gone to comprehend the remedy.

1) FIRE TD

2) Cut the fat bag of stevestojan RT after 6/1/05

3) Dump Travis Gump. He is worthless. I would now take a 7th round pick.

4) Fire MM, he is a bush league douche.

5) Fire Gray. He absolutely sucks.

6) Cut Josh Reed. He is another bust.

7) Despite the fact that Donohoe the Douche traded away a top 5 #1, go for OL and DL in the entire 05 draft.

8) If Moulds wont take a drastic pay cut, cut him.

Of course, the above cannot happen until next season. We will have to play this one out with Douchebag Tom and his band of losers.

Start getting JP reps as soon as he is healthy.  At the very least it will be something to build on for next year.  Start Willis and Lee with JP and let them gell.  With JP at QB it will help us better evaluate how good/bad our oline is.  I feel our lines problems are exagerated with Drew.  A better QB would make that line look better.  I think our whole team is frustrated with our offense and it effects their play.  We need new life and new emotion injected.  Amazing the transformation that would take place if we had an enthusiastic, charismatic JP making plays and putting some points on the board.  JP will make his share of mistakes learning the game but he will be a tremendous upgrade towards the end of the season when he starts to learn to read defenses better.  As for our oline- like I said I dont feel it is as bad as it looks.  We have a hole at LG-we can fill that with our high #2 draft pick next year.  Our defense is pretty solid.  Once we start winning and putting some points on the board we will see a drastic improvement.

82893[/snapback]

I'd agree to a point, Pete. That doesn't account for the running game-and especially the red zone. The line, as a whole, doesn't have the power or skill to get a push off the ball. The line either needs an overhaul, or change a couple and kill one more to make an example for the others.

1) FIRE TD

2) Cut the fat bag of stevestojan RT after 6/1/05

3) Dump Travis Gump. He is worthless. I would now take a 7th round pick.

4) Fire MM, he is a bush league douche.

5) Fire Gray. He absolutely sucks.

6) Cut Josh Reed. He is another bust.

7) Despite the fact that Donohoe the Douche traded away a top 5 #1, go for OL and DL in the entire 05 draft.

8) If Moulds wont take a drastic pay cut, cut him.

Of course, the above cannot happen until next season. We will have to play this one out with Douchebag Tom and his band of losers.

82909[/snapback]

I agree with some of what you said, but you made eight suggestions on how to improve this team, and none of them have to do with Drew Bledsoe? He had five turnovers today and hasn't played well for two full seasons now (1/2 of 2002, 2003 and 1/2 of 2004). Come on Bill.

IMHO- The Bills MUST get rid of the players who continually find a way to lose. London Fletcher, Drew Bledsoe, Travis Henry(who I like, but he must go), I would bring in like 3 new O-lineman to help shore up an obvious weakness.

Start drafting guys who can make plays, not guys who have stats and numbers. Guys who win....

82871[/snapback]

I agree but what about the O-line?

Damn, you forgot Wire, Reese, Sam Adams now!

Geez, use your head man!

They all got to go, with the exception of DB.

I agree with some of what you said, but you made eight suggestions on how to improve this team, and none of them have to do with Drew Bledsoe? He had five turnovers today and hasn't played well for two full seasons now (1/2 of 2002, 2003 and 1/2 of 2004). Come on Bill.

82956[/snapback]

Point taken. He sucked today. Not as bad as his numbers mind you, but he sucked.

The thing is, so did the receivers and the OL. I am of a mindset that the Offensive Line dictates play. Imo, it is that simple. Take the qb that you think was/is great, and I am fully sure that they played behind a very good OL. Which qb beat us (with Kelly) in the superbowl with the redskins? Or the giants? Nobodies, that is what they were!

How good do you think Bradshaw was? He WAS good, but look at what he had up front, and look at the steel curtain! The Bills are a weak, inept football team, led by a douchebag in the front office.

In my respectful opinion, it is really that simple.

Point taken. He sucked today. Not as bad as his numbers mind you, but he sucked.

The thing is, so did the receivers and the OL. I am of a mindset that the Offensive Line dictates play. Imo, it is that simple. Take the qb that you think was/is great, and I am fully sure that they played behind a very good OL. Which qb beat us (with Kelly) in the superbowl with the redskins? Or the giants? Nobodies, that is what they were!

How good do you think Bradshaw was? He WAS good, but look at what he had up front, and look at the steel curtain! The Bills are a weak, inept football team, led by a douchebag in the front office.

In my respectful opinion, it is really that simple.

83024[/snapback]

YES! Exactly! Like I just said in another thread, I don't think it matters if Willis is named the starter of Travis, nor would I argue against that decision. We still would have the same crappy offensive line. Like you said, the play of that unit dictates things, allows us to get into a rhythm.