Bad Teams Find a Way to Lose

No!!!!  Drew sucks.  Our defense played good enough to win.

82863[/snapback]

Here's what I'm struggling with. Drew didn't play well today but he didn't play poorly enough to shoulder this loss on his own. Are his limitations as a QB enough of an issue to bring down the rest of the offense. The line is not good but as we saw with Flutie, a mobile QB makes your line better.

If you're forced to run "max protect" schemes all the time to have to severly limit your offense.

This is how I see it. Drew is a 1300 cc 2-stroke engine in a 3/4 ton league. Even when he's rev'in high motor (which is a real virture around OBD's front office) he's mostly making smoke that obscures the fact that he's just not the full package. He's not the real deal. He can't pull the big load. He's the wrong kind of guy to build a team around because you've got to have nine or ten HOF players surrounding him to make his style of ball work. It just ain't happening folks. It just ain't happening.

He's put a terrible strain on a very untalented offensive line and his body is taking a huge shellacking. He will be in a wheelchair before long. Hell, why don't we put him in a wheelchair? He'd be more mobile.

And just to show you I'm very appreciative of Tom DonnaHo's great efforts at building a team that's "SOOOOOOO Close" to being really good... Thank's Tommy!

Tommy can you hear me?

Can you hear me jeer you?

Tommy can you see me?

We can see through you!

Oh, oh, oh, oh,

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy, Tommy, Tommy... Bite Me! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: