Clint Malarchuk shoots himself

murra

The good news is that after 2 surgeries, his thorasic surgeon gives him the third at 50% off - who gets multiple bizzare throat/chin accidents like that? Dude should walk around with one of those cones on his neck like they do at the vet's office, only this would be kevlar...

I was at the game the day he had his throat slit. It was a very odd feeling in the Aud the rest of that game. There was a moment of silence while people were realizing what happened and then people started screaming. It seemed strange that they continued the game, but they did. I had really good gold seats and was pretty close to him when it happened. I'll never forget that night.

The good news is that after 2 surgeries, his thorasic surgeon gives him the third at 50% off - who gets multiple bizzare throat/chin accidents like that? Dude should walk around with one of those cones on his neck like they do at the vet's office, only this would be kevlar...

I've heard some rumblings of some people guessing that this may have been a suicide attempt. He apparently has had some issues since the accident. I hope that is not true, I have always liked Clint.

I've heard some rumblings of some people guessing that this may have been a suicide attempt. He apparently has had some issues since the accident. I hope that is not true, I have always liked Clint.

Google Malarchuk and depression. And yes, while it could have simply been a freak accident, the other possibility can't be discounted.

.22? It's gotta be an accident.

.22 hollowpoint was the weapon of choice for assasins in WW2. Quiet, and the low velocity, coupled with the hollow point insured the lead would squash and not pass through a persons head.