Stock Market down 5% again

I so hope you are right about that 2-3 year time frame. I've run into a bit of debt I want to pay off but was hoping to buy up some cheap stock for long term and Honda was my main target, along with China Mobile. Cell phones in China are a good bet for growth I'd think.

Don't ignore your debt. If you can afford to do both. I try to get people to not focus too much on one goal with the exclusion of all others.

Don't ignore your debt. If you can afford to do both. I try to get people to not focus too much on one goal with the exclusion of all others.

I'm just worried the panic will end before I can grab up these cheap stocks! I'm hoping to have everything undercontrol by January so I can at least have $1,000 to play with in stocks.

I so hope you are right about that 2-3 year time frame. I've run into a bit of debt I want to pay off but was hoping to buy up some cheap stock for long term and Honda was my main target, along with China Mobile. Cell phones in China are a good bet for growth I'd think.

My wife and I are planning to test drive a CRV in the next couple of weeks, so I might be able to help you out with a purchase.

0:)

Ford is down to $2.00 a share! Can you believe that? There's no way they're going to go under, is there? This looks like a value buy. Kind of like the airlines after 911. Ford can't stay that low for too long or Toyota will snatch them up.

Good Times!

I'm just worried the panic will end before I can grab up these cheap stocks! I'm hoping to have everything undercontrol by January so I can at least have $1,000 to play with in stocks.

Don't worry...once The Messiah is elected the free lunches begin! Woo-Hoo!!!

I agree. I think the market will level out around 7500

I think the Dow will be drop to 5,000 or a little under that.

I have two thoughts:

1. Part of me thinks that Wall Street is just a bunch of spoiled brats, like Dave Ramsey says. Wall Street reacts just for the sake of reacting. Common sense is never a part of the market. It's overreact everytime.

Wall Street did this in the late 90s in the dot.com boom and I think they're doing it again, but instead of going up it's going down. Wall Street is hanging on every "bleeping" word out of someone's mouth. I think they should just invest in a company and not worry about someone's mouth running. So I think it also could rebound really fast, like it's a "false crash".

2. Part of me also thinks this is real and it really should have happened in the 90s, but it didn't. Now we will suffer dire consequences because of the delay with bigger losses mounting.

And I also think college educated people are to blame. For some stupid reason, college educated people act like they're the only ones who deserve to make a good wage, salary, etc etc. And educated managers cut labor costs down to nothing. Cut, cut, cut. Downsize, downsize, cut, cut. "The company needs to get lean".

The economy tanks, interest rates fall to prop it up. There are not enough people with money to buy a house. So they push sub prime loans and ARM's and the whole economy goes under.

Some really smart educated people out there. Didn't Henry Ford say he paid his workers $5 a day so they could buy a car?

The market has been down around 5% each day for the last 4 days. Another 16 days like this and many people will lose all of their savings. 100%. It is a very sad situation.

Tomorrow will be interesting too. The cds contracts on Lehman will be settled. A few bloggers have speculated this is what has the market on edge. Very likely a couple more institutions are taken down because of the losses here.