Does anybody else think

eball

It's just a gut feeling, but Houston has suffered near misses to Jacksonville and Indy on successive weeks and I just believe they're better than their record. I think Miami comes into this game overconfident and gets punched in the mouth.

Am I the only one?

Houston's offense is extremely underrated when Schaub is healthy. Slaton gives them a threat on the ground, and Schaub is surrounded by three underrated weapons in Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels. These guys can light up the scoreboard with just about anybody. In the preseason I was really high on Houston and thought they'd be in the running for a wildcard.

Thing is, their defense has been terrible, and we don't have much reason to believe they'll stop Ronnie Brown and the ordinary-yet-reliable Chad Pennington. But you have to think that an underachieving winless team will come out fired up against a mediocre team in front of their home crowd. I'm probably taking Houston in my pool.

Houston's offense is extremely underrated when Schaub is healthy. Slaton gives them a threat on the ground, and Schaub is surrounded by three underrated weapons in Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels. These guys can light up the scoreboard with just about anybody. In the preseason I was really high on Houston and thought they'd be in the running for a wildcard.

Thing is, their defense has been terrible, and we don't have much reason to believe they'll stop Ronnie Brown and the ordinary-yet-reliable Chad Pennington. But you have to think that an underachieving winless team will come out fired up against a mediocre team in front of their home crowd. I'm probably taking Houston in my pool.

4th quarter meltdown aside, I like that offense more with Rosenfels at the helm. He seems more willing to go downfield, and Schaub has developed a bit of Jim Everett happy feet disease. He's so paranoid about the rush that he panics. He's really talented, but that doesn't translate into winning games or even putting up a ton of points.

It's just a gut feeling, but Houston has suffered near misses to Jacksonville and Indy on successive weeks and I just believe they're better than their record. I think Miami comes into this game overconfident and gets punched in the mouth.

Am I the only one?

Yep, only one. I think they take a shot in balls instead. :devil:

Am I the only one?

I don't know about beating Miami *easily*, but I think they can beat them. Houston has the players to do it, but they need to play a full 60-minute game.

Miami is better than people think, but I don't see them as a playoff contender just yet.

I think this could be a great week for the Bills. They can pick up some ground without playing a game. I think SD will beat NE (which for us is much better playing a SD team coming off a big win than a loss). Houston is just as good if not better than Miami. And I really won't be shocked if the Bengals beat the Jets. Every NFL team has pride and players are constantly playing for jobs. They showed some fight against Dallas. Would there be anything better coming off the Arizona loss than taking a week off a watching your entire division lose (to AFC teams no less)??? :devil:

This ones tough to call. Miami is looking better each week running that weird offence. The Key will be stopping Brown

Houston looks good at times, and are probably ready for a win. I think if Sage is thinking more clearly now (I think in the 4th of that game against Indy, Edwards was thinking more clearly then him after taking the hit) they could beat Miami.

SD also stands a good chance of beating NE, but with NE just coming off a bye and having 2 weeks to prepare, this one might be a tough one for SD. Then next week SD comes to Buffalo to play after their Bye, so it could be a really tough stretch for SD.

I am very confident that the Jets will beat up Cincy this week. The Bengals are a horrible team this year and I can't see more then 2-3 wins for them this season.

This ones tough to call. Miami is looking better each week running that weird offence. The Key will be stopping Brown

Houston looks good at times, and are probably ready for a win. I think if Sage is thinking more clearly now (I think in the 4th of that game against Indy, Edwards was thinking more clearly then him after taking the hit) they could beat Miami.

SD also stands a good chance of beating NE, but with NE just coming off a bye and having 2 weeks to prepare, this one might be a tough one for SD. Then next week SD comes to Buffalo to play after their Bye, so it could be a really tough stretch for SD.

I am very confident that the Jets will beat up Cincy this week. The Bengals are a horrible team this year and I can't see more then 2-3 wins for them this season.

The Pats* played the 49ers last week & almost lost.