Best Cheeseburger Ever...

Chilly

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nominate the Bracken Store Cafe, near San Antonio:

They are thick as hell, juicy, and LOADED with cheese.

http://www.brackenstore.com/

Haven't had a burger from there in years, but I DO remember how good they were! Man, now your making me miss SA (which I swore I never would). Another good place down there for burgers is Chesters. There was one on Pat Booker Rd by Randolph AFB and another on loop 410 (I know Blue, that's pretty vague). :doh:

Next time your on the northeast side of SA, check out Chesters.

... was NOT the ten-dollar model I had in the Cleveland airport Monday afternoon. Sounded good - bacon/cheese/mushrooms/onions - but lost something in the transition from the menu to the plate. Ah well...

Little place just outside Portville, Red's & Trudy's, makes a great drive-in style "loose meat" burger. We've been known to order a dozen to go, on top of the ones we're eating while we're there. Here are a few pictures of the place. (The "Chuck" in the second picture is Chuck Boller, across-the-creek neighbor, former owner/publisher of the paper I work for, and the man whose very large shoes I'm trying to fill on the local sports beat.)

Hey, let's hear some more entries from Buffalo. I'm sitting here trying to remember the last burger I had there that wasn't at a tailgate, and I'm coming up with a blank. I need some suggestions ...

Haven't had a burger from there in years, but I DO remember how good they were! Man, now your making me miss SA (which I swore I never would). Another good place down there for burgers is Chesters. There was one on Pat Booker Rd by Randolph AFB and another on loop 410 (I know Blue, that's pretty vague). :doh:

Next time your on the northeast side of SA, check out Chesters.

I've been to the one on 410 (I think its near 410 & Broadway) - it was pretty good, but I'd put it fourth in SA, behind:

1.) Bracken

2.) Biff Buzbys

3.) Chris Madrid's

4.) Chester's

I've been to the one on 410 (I think its near 410 & Broadway) - it was pretty good, but I'd put it fourth in SA, behind:

1.) Bracken

2.) Biff Buzbys

3.) Chris Madrid's

4.) Chester's

I'd agree with that ranking. I guess Chesters has a cool saloon-type atmosphere that makes it kind of a cool place and the 50+ choice of beers isn't bad either.

... was NOT the ten-dollar model I had in the Cleveland airport Monday afternoon. Sounded good - bacon/cheese/mushrooms/onions - but lost something in the transition from the menu to the plate. Ah well...

You should have told me you were coming here, even just to change planes...I could have made a Five Guys run for you.

Those are the best burgers I've ever had, and the closest one is about a three-iron from my office.

I nominate the Bracken Store Cafe, near San Antonio:

They are thick as hell, juicy, and LOADED with cheese.

http://www.brackenstore.com/

At Paul Weber's up in Orillia, Ontario. Not really "the" best Cheesburger, but since my dad and I would always stop there on the way up to Lake Cecebe for our annual week of fishing in Canada, it sure seemed like the best because it was the best of times.

Here's to you, dad!!!!

Hey, let's hear some more entries from Buffalo. I'm sitting here trying to remember the last burger I had there that wasn't at a tailgate, and I'm coming up with a blank. I need some suggestions ...

Buffalo Brew Pub (made with Angus and cooked to order. Always delicious)

You should have told me you were coming here, even just to change planes...I could have made a Five Guys run for you.

Those are the best burgers I've ever had, and the closest one is about a three-iron from my office.

I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. I actually paid $40 extra to connect through Cleveland (and avoid Newark).