ACORN voter fraud ring nabbed in Nevada

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's true. The only chance that McCain has is for the racist Dem voters to reconsider their vote once the curtain is closed.

Any chance you might be honest enough to realize over 95% of all blacks are voting Obama not because of one issue he promotes but because he's black and has a "D" next to his name which represents freebies for millions on welfare with the same skin color?

Any chance you might be honest enough to realize over 95% of all blacks are voting Obama not because of one issue he promotes but because he's black and has a "D" next to his name which represents freebies for millions on welfare with the same skin color?

Carefull how you answer, Obama nation - it would be racist to suggest that they are almost unanimously supporting him at a far higher rate than the country as a whole is because, say, they want to soak those making over 250k. You would be described as saying that all blacks are poor. And lazy. Shame on you.

(I'm auditioning to join Obama's quick response media team.)

And this has what to do with my point?

Your example may have relevance if a good percentage of the black vote switches for McCain in the voting booth. But since 95% of blacks support Obama for whatever reason they choose and those numbers are already reflected in the polls, there's generally not a concern that they will switch their votes once it comes to decision time.

The difference between a Jim Cramer and a good financial advisor is that a good advisor doesn't need a market meltdown to tell his clients to be out of the equity market if they're within 5 years of retirement.

Are these the same financial planners who ran Wall Street so effectively?

I get your point and have much respect for Jim, but you guys have been calling this situation a small blip on the radar screen for quite some time. Can we put some sunlight on this and admit that this is a fuggin catastrophe the likes of which we've never seen in our lifetimes? Smart guys like Warren Buffet already admit it.

And I am someone who subscribes to the strategy of systematic investment and continue to fully fund my IRA and 401k. But the numbers do not lie. There is going to be a day of reckoning and that day just might be upon us.

I get your point and have much respect for Jim, but you guys have been calling this situation a small blip on the radar screen for quite some time. Can we put some sunlight on this and admit that this is a fuggin catastrophe the likes of which we've never seen in our lifetimes? Smart guys like Warren Buffet already admit it.

And I am someone who subscribes to the strategy of systematic investment and continue to fully fund my IRA and 401k. But the numbers do not lie. There is going to be a day of reckoning and that day just might be upon us.

I don't think I've ever said that this is a blip. What I said that it's very dangerous for people to take active negative bets on the financials, because in the end everyone loses. The banking and financial system is only healthy when credibility and trust are upheld. Once that evaporates, then it's worthless. There are no winners in a Pyrrhic War.

Obviously it's bad. Every downturn and economic crisis feels new and awful and like the end of the world when it's happening. Only history tells us that it wasn't truly the end of the world.

Right now a lot of capital is stuffed in safe places with low rates of return. It won't likely stay there forever. If it does, your silver isn't going to worth much unless you're smelting it into bullets.

I don't think I've ever said that this is a blip. What I said that it's very dangerous for people to take active negative bets on the financials, because in the end everyone loses. The banking and financial system is only healthy when credibility and trust are upheld. Once that evaporates, then it's worthless. There are no winners in a Pyrrhic War.

This kills me though, because basically you're saying the banking and financial system is all smoke and mirrors and as long as no one questions anything (pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!) then everything is hunkey dorey. God forbid anyone speak up and say the emperor has no clothes.

I'm I niave to think a strong banking and financial system is tied to something real, something with value? I'm not saying go back to the gold standard, though some arguments to do just that might have merit, I dunno, but is it wrong to believe that some serious mistakes have been made with the way the banking and financial systems have been run and it's time to rethink things?

And I disagree that there are no winners in a Pyrrhic War, in this case anyway. There may be no winners in this current generation, but future generations may benefit from the sacrifice. I want this situation used as a way to fix things so it's stronger down the road for my children and their children. Propping things up with false credibility and trust isn't going to do them any good.

Right now a lot of capital is stuffed in safe places with low rates of return. It won't likely stay there forever. If it does, your silver isn't going to worth much unless you're smelting it into bullets.

As I like to tell my gold-bug friends - if the economic collapse they fear/long for ever truely comes to pass, the state will go down with it. I'm pretty sure that means I can just take those shiny gold bars at gun point.

Any chance you'd be honest enough to admit that fat stupid white guys are voting for McCain because Obama's black?

!@#$.

This kills me though, because basically you're saying the banking and financial system is all smoke and mirrors and as long as no one questions anything (pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!) then everything is hunkey dorey. God forbid anyone speak up and say the emperor has no clothes.

I'm I niave to think a strong banking and financial system is tied to something real, something with value? I'm not saying go back to the gold standard, though some arguments to do just that might have merit, I dunno, but is it wrong to believe that some serious mistakes have been made with the way the banking and financial systems have been run and it's time to rethink things?

And I disagree that there are no winners in a Pyrrhic War, in this case anyway. There may be no winners in this current generation, but future generations may benefit from the sacrifice. I want this situation used as a way to fix things so it's stronger down the road for my children and their children. Propping things up with false credibility and trust isn't going to do them any good.

Watch It's a Wonderful Life again for a basic explanation of banking. It is based on trust, because your deposits are lent out to someone else, and the system survives as long as you trust your bank to hold your deposit. Once you and a few neighbors lose that trust and demand your money back trouble starts, because no bank will have enough money in the vault to satisfy all the depositors. That, in a nutshell is what's happening right now. People want their money back, and there isn't enough to go around because it's tied up in something else.

It has nothing to do with a gold standard or monetary standard. No bank keeps all the deposits in the vault.

As I like to tell my gold-bug friends - if the economic collapse they fear/long for ever truely comes to pass, the state will go down with it. I'm pretty sure that means I can just take those shiny gold bars at gun point.

I've got that covered too. Who's got the guns...and maybe more importantly-the ammo? From my cold, dead hands!

For the record many are saying it's not a bad bet to have 5-10% of your portfolio in metals in times like this. I invested $9500 which before this meltdown equated to ~3% of my wifes and my investment portfolio. So lets set the record straight as I've mentioned repeatedly here. I bought silver as a hedge. Once the deflationary spiral reverses and we start to feel the effects of inflation there is a good chance this will pay off.

I take no pleasure in seeing whats happening but also realize that this COULD turn into a catastrophic event along the lines of what DD has predicted. If you deny that this could happen than you are either fooling yourself or a fool.

Watch It's a Wonderful Life again for a basic explanation of banking. It is based on trust, because your deposits are lent out to someone else, and the system survives as long as you trust your bank to hold your deposit. Once you and a few neighbors lose that trust and demand your money back trouble starts, because no bank will have enough money in the vault to satisfy all the depositors. That, in a nutshell is what's happening right now. People want their money back, and there isn't enough to go around because it's tied up in something else.

It has nothing to do with a gold standard or monetary standard. No bank keeps all the deposits in the vault.

Trust yes, but don't forget confidence too. The clear signal being sent is that people do not trust their government to right the ship.

Given the actions of the AIG representatives...I'm not surprised no-one has any confidence. Those people need to be tarred, feathered and ridden right down Main Street on a rail.

But it's true. The only chance that McCain has is for the racist Dem voters to reconsider their vote once the curtain is closed.

Which will certainly happen and give McCain a small boost; just not enough if Obama is able to keep his lead > 5%.

Trust yes, but don't forget confidence too. The clear signal being sent is that people do not trust their government to right the ship.

Given the actions of the AIG representatives...I'm not surprised no-one has any confidence. Those people need to be tarred, feathered and ridden right down Main Street on a rail.

Nice post. Wow, I agree with you for the second time in what, a week?

Has anyone here read Jim Webb's book "A Time to Fight?" This guy is one Democrat who gets it! I wish he would've run as the Messiah's running mate, but I think he has too much integrity.

On Fox this morning they showed 10 registrations of the same person in Nevada that ACORN signed up.

But did they show how all of them were thrown out by the folks who run the board of elections before they made the registration rolls? Bet not, since that wouldn't make a good a 'news' story.

OMG you are that good? Damn, everyone else (except a few) loses money but you are the master at the market. Can't provide facts, figures, name of the company, but all your clients didn't lose say 20% or so?

I must be. I got a call from a client who just got is third quarter statement and needed clarification. After I explained his statement he called me a !@#$ing genius. :devil:

I must be. I got a call from a client who just got is third quarter statement and needed clarification. After I explained his statement he called me a !@#$ing genius. :devil:

My guy is a genius, too. I spoke briefly with him yesterday to see how he was doing and if his clients were driving him crazy. He said he was getting ready to go surfing. I asked him how he could do that. His answer "You weren't the only one I took care of back in December." ;)