Buffalobills.com

murra

Overall, I'd say it's a better looking site now. Better color contrasts; nice pictures; and all.

However, they seem to have complicated the site in a few ways. Some script error keeps popping up from time to time. No idea what it does.

It seems a little more difficult to navigate; although, maybe that'll just take time to familiarize myself with the new layout.

Why have Peters Return as the main story on the Media Lounge page? (Unless they're implying he hasn't really returned yet, which given his play is entirely possible)

Why call it the Media Lounge? Just me, perhaps, but I don't lounge on the Internet. Why not come up with cute names for all the other website sections - News Library, Team Locker Room, The Bills Bodega, you get the idea.

The omission of the Bills Backer information seems like a significant over site. Seems like one of the websites, primary goals should be to give information of the Bills. Where to watch games seems fairly important.

Why the old school helmet graphics for the Chargers vs Bills game? Seems like with all the upgrades, they could have improved those graphics as well. Picky, I know.

Biggest complaint. It seems to load slower. Why do all upgrades and and improvements on software and websites equate to bloat and slower programs? If you overall the graphics, you should overall under the hood and improve efficiency as well.

JP needs to really get this stuff taken care of. He's screwed up our offense and our defense; I just don't understand why he's screwing with out website now.

Hopefully, this is just the first version of the major overhaul and some of these over sites will be corrected quickly. Now, do something that matters and change the damn uniforms. (Oh yeah and fix the defense)

It's a bye week, so of course JP had nothing better to do than mess up the Bills website.

If you have Chris Brown's blog bookmarked, you'll need to change it to http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

And the media log-in page now redirects to the front page. Greeeat. Good thing this is a bye week ...

I have to presume that was a major consideration when they picked today as the launch date. But I would think they would have been better doing this in late February or so. I am guessing what ever crew did this new site was behind schedule by at least a month or two.

I love Chris Brown's blog. I check it right after I hit TBD and right before I check Tim Graham's blog.

And the media log-in page now redirects to the front page. Greeeat. Good thing this is a bye week ...

Fixed. :doh:

If I'm going to whine about a problem, I have to give them props when they take care of it. I'll also note that their weekly releases are steadily improving.

Couple other nitpicks, because that's what I do:

-Not sure I like the lack of drop-down menus. When you click on a link at the bottom of the banner, you're basically guessing the information you seek will be there. On a positive counterpoint to that, it looks like all the direct links I'll need are on the site map at the bottom of every screen.

-The depth chart is broken down into offense-defense-special teams, and I don't see a "print" option to give me the entire roster. That means I'll probably choose one from a different site to link at the bottom of the game previews, something I'd rather not do.

-Wouldn't mind seeing an option for a "leaner," faster site with less video. Yeah, I know it won't look as cool, but whenever I'm there, I'm normally looking for something for a story I'm writing -- I want info, I want it now, and I don't need the bells and whistles. The media site is great that way, compared to some of the other teams in the league.

-And I'm seeing the same problem with the Backers map (blank?) in both Firefox and IE. I also agree with the point about listing the bar addresses, not just contact info. I wonder if they changed that so as not to appear to officially endorse any particular establishments. Let us know when they reply, will you? Thanks.

If you or Glenn have the list of the Backers Bars, I would be willing to put it on my Backers website: billsbackers.com.

I have the list in the Bills Backers Forum that I know of and a mailing list of group presidents.

I might need to send a mail message out.

I also will go google cache dumping on the former website.

Not the best choice of words, but yes, Debbie let the list slip as other priorities came up.

She also had a system crash losing a good portion of the data too.

Ummm, half the point of having a list of bills backers bars was so people could just take a quick peek online and go to said bar. People that are in a different city o business, etc dont want ot go through the hassle of contacting the president and all that. Just find a bar and show up there.

Only half of the point though. Many clubs do not just allow anyone to just show up but yes I have used it in the past that way. It is why I said they bastardized it and expressed that when requesting my membership list.