McCain never learned

When you have Keating & Iran Contra people with affiliations with Neo Nazis in your background, you shouldn't be using associates as a campaign strategy. Pretty soon they might be calling Palin "Pandora".

The dates on the resignation letters in 1984 and May 1986 coincided with McCain election campaigns and increasingly critical public scrutiny of the World Anti-Communist League, the umbrella group Singlaub chaired.

In 1983 and 1984 for example, columnist Jack Anderson linked the league's Latin American affiliate to death squad political assassinations.

The Latin American affiliate was kicked out of the league. At the time, Singlaub told the columnist the Latin American affiliate had "knowingly promoted pro-Nazi groups" and was "virulently anti-Semitic."

"That was putting it mildly," Anderson wrote in a Sept. 11, 1984, column on alleged death squad murders, an article that appeared two months before the U.S. election day.

Two weeks after Anderson's column, a letter from McCain addressed to Singlaub asks that the congressman's name be taken off the board because he didn't have time for the council

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jzQtw1k...DtNpDQD93LRD980

P.S. I was on a business call from my office in Syracuse to some people in Albany today. It's all the "New York Giants this" or the "New York Giants that" with them. I mentioned the Bills. They were like "who?"

Albany is definitely Giants country, but there are a lot of Bills' fans here. The Giants have their camp here & all Giants & Jets preseason games are on local tv, so the Bills are #3 in this area. When the Giants made the Super Bowl last year, they were selling Super Bowl programs all over the Albany area.

I thought about how to phrase the question about another NFL team that would probably have fans in Albany but didn't want to mention them.

I'll ask it like this: When you travel about 30 miles east from Albany and cross the nearby state border does it say "Welcome to Massachusetts*"? You know, with the asterisk?

I always hear that the local channel there has to broadcast their games since their television signal goes deep in to New England! OMG, I said it! :lol: