Scenes From Bills/Cards Game

IDBillzFan

Thought everyone might enjoy seeing how the Bills fans were out in full force in Glendale, AZ for the game this past weekend.

Random thoughts and comments:

- I've never seen so many Bills fans fill a road stadium like this. Never. They were everywhere. Most interesting was walking from The Native New Yorker (which was packed with Bills fans) to the stadium, through the parking lot. We weren't sure if the Cardinal fans were tailgating or having high tea. Suddenly you'd hear yelling and screaming, we'd follow the sounds, and sure enough, Bills fans were living it up.

- No matter how many photos you see or take of JÂy RÛßeÒ, he has the exact same look on his face. :D

- The Cardinal fans were extremely cool...until the game was out of reach, at which point they went from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde in a nano-second. A tip to some Bills fans; when you're getting your ass kicked, just nut up, shut up and move on. A blonde drunk chick a few rows in front of me would not give up, and I thought a few Bills fans were going to throw her onto the field. I took a photo of the lush in case any one else remembered this ridiculously obnoxious chick. It's near the end of the long list of photos.

- With about 6 minutes left in the fourth quarter, the two people sitting behind me left. Two ridiculously drunk Cards fans poured their way down to the open seats. We were all standing throughout the game, and no one had a problem with it. However, when these two dudes showed up, the shortest one -- I'll call him Tatoo -- couldn't see over my head so his friend grabbed me and told to sit my ass down. That was my cue to leave.

- Not sure what the coaching staff could see up in the boxes after the Royal fumble, but as you would expect, the fumble wasn't re-run on the big screens until after AZ took their first snap. (No way it would have been overturned.)

- Great to finally see so many people from the board finally, including JÂy RÛßeÒ, Aussie, Mark Vader, AKC, Pinto Kenny, bald dude with head painted, G. Host, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting. (Though I have to apologize to Aussie for someone leading her to believe that I was only 27 years old. In all fairness, I was surprised to find out she was ...ummm...ahhh, nevermind. :D)

- Gotta give the Cards credit for picking their cheerleaders. I was nine rows back from the field on the Bills side at the 25 yard line, and took advantage of the position to get some decent shots.

Photos here. Enjoy. Sorry I didn't label them.

Image 5135 is from you left to right:

rear - Lori, Jay Rubeo, Aussie,

front - award winning Bills fan from CA, Laura from CA, Scotty from the Pinto.

LA - it was great to meet you finally. Cablelady and #89 - eat your heart out - LA is tall, dark and handsome!! :D

However, no more games for you buddy. As you said..."The Bills always lose when I come to a game".

Thanks for the great pictures. You must have had a wonderful seat!

Gidge.

Yeah that really is cool. How was the tailgate there? Seems better then what i seen from pics from St Louis. I think the only stadium Ive been to where the tailgate is close to Buffalo is Penn St.

As Marc (LA) said, most of the Cards fans looked like they were tailgating at a chess match. Almost complete silence, with most of them watching the early games (and more than a few wine-and-brie types in the mix). We were walking up the sidewalk past them when we heard music and cheering coming from the next lot over. Yup, Bills fans. That was our cue to cut across the desert -- well, the barren patch of dirt in between the lots, anyway -- and join the party.

Marc, it was a pleasure finally meeting you.

Hate to think I'll never see you at a game again, but Aussie might have a point about that "jinx" stuff. If we make it to the playoffs, you're not allowed anywhere near the stadium ...

:D

Thanks for the great pictures. You must have had a wonderful seat!

Gidge.

Gidge, it was one of those moments when you're walking down into the stadium looking for your row...and you keep walking and walking and walking and before you even get to your row you're saying to yourself, "Holy crap. This is gonna be a helluva seat."

I hope everyone appreciated that one photo of Hamden. I'm telling ya, that guy walks the sidelines and even the Cardinal fans were saying "I don't know who that guy is, but he oozes The Chroise." :D

Marc, it was a pleasure finally meeting you.

Hate to think I'll never see you at a game again, but Aussie might have a point about that "jinx" stuff. If we make it to the playoffs, you're not allowed anywhere near the stadium ...

:D

Good finally meeting you as well. I WARNED you guys, our record is something like 1-17 when I go to the games. When we make the playoffs, I'll just stay home and fly to Buffalo for the Super Bowl parade.

Normally I attend these games, but didn't make the trip to AZ this year. For mthe TV shots of the crowd, it looked like there were many Bills fans there. I recall the Sunday night game in Tempe many years ago when there appeared to be more Bills fans in the stadium than Cardinal fans.

Normally I attend these games, but didn't make the trip to AZ this year. For mthe TV shots of the crowd, it looked like there were many Bills fans there. I recall the Sunday night game in Tempe many years ago when there appeared to be more Bills fans in the stadium than Cardinal fans.

I have the game TIVO'd but haven't watched it yet, but I'm curious how loud the Bills fans sounded on TV whenever AZ was on 3rd down. The Bills fans were batshiiit at the stadium.

One of the annoying parts of the game, unfortunately, was that every time the Cards made a first down, the announcer would yell "And that's another Cardinal (pause, pause, pause) FIRST DOWN!!!!"

There are a lot of knuckleheads who seem to think this game would have turned out differently had Edwards not gotten hurt, but make no mistake, as a Bills fan, by the third quarter you were ready to strangle the stadium announcer. They seemingly never missed a third down try. I stopped counting all the bad tackles JP made while he was out there with the defense.

One of the annoying parts of the game, unfortunately, was that every time the Cards made a first down, the announcer would yell "And that's another Cardinal (pause, pause, pause) FIRST DOWN!!!!"

That was even worse in Chicago, because during the 'pause, pause' the entire crowd yells "FIRST DOWN"

The Bills fans did not sound very loud from where I was sitting (top row of stadium) during 1st half of game and during 2nd half they appeared to have no energy from my vantage point on 1st level.

Thanks for parking pass and nice to meet you.

That was even worse in Chicago, because during the 'pause, pause' the entire crowd yells "FIRST DOWN"

Houston, too. (And that one is served up with an annoying Texas twang.)

Made me even happier when the Bills won that game.