Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Rays

buckeyemike

Game 1 will be Friday night...if Boston wins later tonight, the game is in St. Pete. If the Angels somehow come back, the game's in Anaheim.

The Rays are a terrific story...if they win the pennant, it might be the most amazing baseball story since the '69 Mets. They are certainly making the most out of their opportunities. I'll be rooting for them, that's for sure.

Game 1 will be Friday night...if Boston wins later tonight, the game is in St. Pete. If the Angels somehow come back, the game's in Anaheim.

The Rays are a terrific story...if they win the pennant, it might be the most amazing baseball story since the '69 Mets. They are certainly making the most out of their opportunities. I'll be rooting for them, that's for sure.

I love the Rays as a team and can't stomach another Boston championship. That said, I don't feel Tampa deserves a championship. Even as this season was progressing and the rays were leading the division, there were less than 20,000 fans at most games. i can't respect that.

I love the Rays as a team and can't stomach another Boston championship. That said, I don't feel Tampa deserves a championship. Even as this season was progressing and the rays were leading the division, there were less than 20,000 fans at most games. i can't respect that.

What the hell does that have to do with the team?

Ahhhh... I will take "Because it is all for the customers/fans/taxpayers" for 100 Alex.

I'm not sure what you're talking about but if you appreciate good baseball, and the 'Rays play good baseball, I don't care if they play in front of 0 people. If the people of Tampa are too stupid to enjoy a good thing how is that the teams fault?

For me who don't pay no tention to baseball. Why they such a good story?

They've been the worst team in the league since the club was founded ten years ago and this year came out of nowhere to win the division over the Evil Empire (Yankees) and the Evil Empire II (Red Sox).

Now they play EE2 for the right to go to the World Series.

Go Rays.

I feel the same way.

Because I hate Tampa....they have won a Super Bowl and a Stanley Cup...it's called jealousy

So John Gruden and Martin St.Louis have everything to do with a Tampa team that is making an improbable run..yeah, I see the connection

I'm not sure what you're talking about but if you appreciate good baseball, and the 'Rays play good baseball, I don't care if they play in front of 0 people. If the people of Tampa are too stupid to enjoy a good thing how is that the teams fault?

Exactly. Championships are won by the team, they can't help it if their fan base is all 90 years old.

Conversely though, dickhead fans (i.e., Boston) can certainly make you want to root against a team.

So John Gruden and Martin St.Louis have everything to do with a Tampa team that is making an improbable run..yeah, I see the connection

The point here is I don't want TAMPA to celebrate another World Championship when my teams have won NONE....What is not to understand about that nimrod? BTW...Improbable??......they won the East!