One good thing about the financial crisis

/dev/null

Ten years ago, yes. But I don't think Maria's aged very well, sadly enough.

I think I'll go with

, who's now on the Fox Business Network.

Or better yet, Robin Meade. ;)

:lol: at that Robin Meade clip. And I always dug Liz- give me her over the money honey every time. And I too love redheads!

That's exactly what the world needs - getting financial info from people in a bar. I wonder if the same folks were saying that real estate was fine in 2005.

Sounds familiar.

(FORTUNE Magazine) – JOE KENNEDY, a famous rich guy in his day, exited the stock market in timely fashion after a shoeshine boy gave him some stock tips. He figured that when the shoeshine boys have tips, the market is too popular for its own good, a theory also advanced by Bernard Baruch, another vested interest who described the scene before the big Crash:

"Taxi drivers told you what to buy. The shoeshine boy could give you a summary of the day's financial news as he worked with rag and polish. An old beggar who regularly patrolled the street in front of my office now gave me tips and, I suppose, spent the money I and others gave him in the market. My cook had a brokerage account and followed the ticker closely. Her paper profits were quickly blown away in the gale of 1929."

That's exactly what the world needs - getting financial info from people in a bar. I wonder if the same folks were saying that real estate was fine in 2005.

Depends on the bar...seriously. I got a lot of good advice way back when (market and otherwise) at two bars...Le Cirque 2000 and Wollensky Grill. Sadly, only one still exists (the new Le Cirque is not the same, no matter what anyone says). Wollensky Grill...still my favorite spot.