There is an elegant, yet imperfect solution

I simply find it hard to believe your company never crunched those numbers. I would accept a guesstimate if you are willing as I trust you mostly. :worthy:

No because the number is irrelevant. If I took my whole book of business and looked at it's rate of return over 3 and 5 years it would include portfolios of everything from 2 years to 30 year and longer time frames. I recommend the portfolio based on the goals of the client and quote ROR of the particular investment. But if you're looking for a number I would say three years is 3% and five years is 5%. Happy? :ph34r: Oh by the way should I have included all the fixed insurance business I have too.

Goodnight.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No because the number is irrelevant. If I took my whole book of business and looked at it's rate of return over 3 and 5 years it would include portfolios of everything from 2 years to 30 year and longer time frames. I recommend the portfolio based on the goals of the client and quote ROR of the particular investment. But if you're looking for a number I would say three years is 3% and five years is 5%. Happy? :ph34r: Oh by the way should I have included all the fixed insurance business I have too.

Goodnight.

My apologies

I simply find it hard to believe your company never crunched those numbers. I would accept a guesstimate if you are willing as I trust you mostly. :ph34r:

If a client wants to know their ROR, we can tell them....I have never been asked by someone to give them an overall ROR on my entire book...it is worthless information

I simply find it hard to believe your company never crunched those numbers. I would accept a guesstimate if you are willing as I trust you mostly. :ph34r:

And the average winning percentage during an NFL season is 50%. The average roll of a die is ---. What does that tell you?

The average over 100 years is about 8%. What happens if the late 1980's and mid 1990's was just an anamoly, a blip... Be real, what happens if those big returns never happen.

I posted my returns over the last 10 years... Look, stock and other funds that assume risk have only out preformed non-risk funds by only a few percent, if even that.

I just have a gut feeling with Baby Boomers retiring... Things are not going to be what we are being told.

If I am only going to gain 1 or 2% over the risk funds... Why should I assume that risk?