No interceptions, forced fumbles, sacks

Got_Wood

ZERO. We played prevent defense. It reminded me of the sunday night game against New England last year when we got destroyed in front of a national audience. Fewell CANNOT game plan like this. We need to pressure the Quarterback in order to cause turnovers and make critical stops.

On offense... we were sacked FIVE times, lost THREE fumbles, and threw an interception. Had we controlled the ball, had more time of posession, and reduced errors, we would have been in this game. Trent is crucial to our success.

THAT is why we lost.

ZERO. We played prevent defense. It reminded me of the sunday night game against New England last year when we got destroyed in front of a national audience. Fewell CANNOT game plan like this. We need to pressure the Quarterback in order to cause turnovers and make critical stops.

On offense... we were sacked FIVE times, lost THREE fumbles, and threw an interception. Had we controlled the ball, had more time of posession, and reduced errors, we would have been in this game. Trent is crucial to our success.

THAT is why we lost.

I'd be happy if we could make a tackle. And you want a forced fumble? :censored:

You're right. Tackling hurts us as well. I really think the problem with the defense was a lack of pressure. ESPECIALLY against great Quarterbacks. You can't give guys like Warner, Brady, or Manning time. They will find open receivers, and they will score lots of points.

That is how the Giants won the Superbowl. They pounded Brady. We are going to need to draft a big DE or DT next year. Maybe both.

For now, I would really like to see Ellis get some playing time. Copeland Bryan is absolutely terrible.

I don't know where we stand in league rankings -I don't care- but we do suck at turnovers. Not so much that we have a lot of TO's -yesterday notwithstanding-, we just don't cause and recover them much.

Kinda amazing how good our record is in spite of this.

For now, I would really like to see Ellis get some playing time. Copeland Bryan is absolutely terrible.

I have to agree with you, especially this last statement. I certainly don't know for certain, but Bryan seems to get burned every time he steps on the field. Honestly, I think we could leave him on the bench and just have 10 guys on the field an not be any worse. For two weeks in a row, teams have run right at him and he just stood there and watched the guy run right by before he started chasing, I can only assume shouting words of encouragement the whole time.

We need to pressure the Quarterback in order to cause turnovers and make critical stops.

This is exactly right. It boils down to pressure. If you pressure the QB, that's how you get sacks, TO's, force bad plays, etc.

I actually understand rushing four and protecting the young secondary. But that obviously didn't work. Fewell had to start bringing the house and play bump-and-run coverage to take away the quick passes, force mistakes, and get us back in the game. He missed the boat on that one.

You're right. Tackling hurts us as well. I really think the problem with the defense was a lack of pressure. ESPECIALLY against great Quarterbacks. You can't give guys like Warner, Brady, or Manning time. They will find open receivers, and they will score lots of points.

That is how the Giants won the Superbowl. They pounded Brady. We are going to need to draft a big DE or DT next year. Maybe both.

I agree. I was saying the same thing at the end of last season, if we can't get pressure on the QB, good QB's will tear us apart.