Gas Prices

:censored:

What, are we running for office against each other? Stop making sh-- up.

You asshat. I am supposed to be making money to support the economy and instead I'm searching your old posts. Must have been one of your other personalities who said

I also suspect "windfall" would be defined broadly enough (e.g. "making money by selling to the American consumer" - I'm not even being sarcastic, that's about what I'd expect) that going forward the price of oil would be irrelevent. "You made too much money...hand it over" is all this tax amounts to, with "too much" being entirely at the discretion of the government.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1114596

Now go fix the economy smartypants.

You asshat. I am supposed to be making money to support the economy and instead I'm searching your old posts. Must have been one of your other personalities who said

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1114596

Now go fix the economy smartypants.

Thank you for illustrating that that is, in fact, NOT what I said, and you did, in fact, misquote me. Friggin' paste-eater.

How are they around the country now? I payed 3.05 yesterday on the Rez. I see that crude is around $90 or so.....any major changes around you?

Interesting, Demand is going in the tank fast, pun intended. Opec is stating that it will try and defend an $80 a barrel price, but with weakness in demand increasing in the US and Europe will OPEC have that much influence. Could oil fall that much further?

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/e...es-monday_N.htm

and

http://www.business-standard.com/india/sto...p?autono=336384

Merrill Lynch is predicting $50 a barrel and demand is at 2001 levels the last four weeks.

Thank you for illustrating that that is, in fact, NOT what I said, and you did, in fact, misquote me. Friggin' paste-eater.

*Defined by DC Tom as a tax on all profits.

I also suspect "windfall" would be defined broadly enough (e.g. "making money by selling to the American consumer" - I'm not even being sarcastic, that's about what I'd expect) that going forward the price of oil would be irrelevent. "You made too much money...hand it over" is all this tax amounts to, with "too much" being entirely at the discretion of the government.

"Making money by selling to the American consumer" is a good approximation of "profits." I stand by my quote Senator.

"Making money by selling to the American consumer" is a good approximation of "profits." I stand by my quote Senator.

Did you read the part where I said I would expect OTHER PEOPLE to define it that way? My point wasn't that "windfall profits" should be, or even would be, defined that way, but that they could be defined that way, given that the term is used to identify anything considered "excessive"...and ultimately, there's always someone who considers somebody's profit "excessive".

Ain't a definition, monkey-brain. It's a reducto ad absurdum argument against an ill-considered concept.

Did you read the part where I said I would expect OTHER PEOPLE to define it that way? My point wasn't that "windfall profits" should be, or even would be, defined that way, but that they could be defined that way, given that the term is used to identify anything considered "excessive"...and ultimately, there's always someone who considers somebody's profit "excessive".

Ain't a definition, monkey-brain. It's a reducto ad absurdum argument against an ill-considered concept.

No kidding Ahab. I don't think there are many here who thought YOU defined windfall profit that way. You were defining it for Obama and I agree with your definition, which is not your definition, but rather your amusing guess at what Obama might mean by "windfall profits." (There, enough caveats to make you happy now?)

No kidding Ahab. I don't think there are many here who thought YOU defined windfall profit that way. You were defining it for Obama and I agree with your definition, which is not your definition, but rather your amusing guess at what Obama might mean by "windfall profits." (There, enough caveats to make you happy now?)

Gee, thanks. pez-head. Now explain to me why you specifically said above that it was MY definition. Twice.

Gee, thanks. pez-head. Now explain to me why you specifically said above that it was MY definition. Twice.

Because you acted as lexicographer in applying a definition to the term "windfall profits," which we all conceded that we could not define.

That specific enough?

Go read a book about the Tsesarevich egghead.