Does anyone remember who lost a game 41-17 last season?

1billsfan

The eventual World Champion New Your Giants at home in the Meadowlands to the Minnesota Vikings. This place needs to get a freaking grip on the reality that all NFL teams will get their butts beat during the course of the season. The silver lining is that the coaches can lay down the law for two full weeks and we should see a much different team when they play the Chargers in Orchard Park.

As for yesterday's game in particular, Kurt Warner looked like a man on a mission and sometimes you have to just say that the other guy flat out had our number and move on. Warner impressed me and it will be very hard for another QB to top that performance against our defense this season.

I.... agree with you. whoa! mark it on the calendar!! :thumbsup:

its just one loss and we're still 4-1 going into the Bye. Yeah, we got handled but just like an ugly win is still a win, an ugly loss is still just one loss.

lets regroup, heal up and get ready because our next 4 games may be the most important month of our season!

The eventual World Champion New Your Giants at home in the Meadowlands to the Minnesota Vikings. This place needs to get a freaking grip on the reality that all NFL teams will get their butts beat during the course of the season. The silver lining is that the coaches can lay down the law for two full weeks and we should see a much different team when they play the Chargers in Orchard Park.

As for yesterday's game in particular, Kurt Warner looked like a man on a mission and sometimes you have to just say that the other guy flat out had our number and move on. Warner impressed me and it will be very hard for another QB to top that performance against our defense this season.

In that game, Minnesota scored 3 TD's on interception returns and the Giants defense only gave up 251 yards. Not exactly a good comparison to the defense played by the Bills yesterday.

Carry on.

C'mon....anybody who has posted here for some time knows the trend after a loss.

Monday/Tuesday - despair, sky is falling

Wednesday - acceptance, less sky is falling, some positive outlook

Thursday, Friday, Saturday - back to confidence, pro Bills, some points of sky is falling.

You just need to avoid the board on Mon/Tuesdays.

Warner had the kind of performance he did 'cause he had all day to throw the ball. Our pass rush was nonexistent, and against a guy like Warner, that's an accident waiting to happen. As long as he has all day to pick a defense apart, which he did yesterday, he can shred any defense. He didn't get his 2 league MVPs and a Super Bowl ring out of a box of Cracker Jacks.

C'mon....anybody who has posted here for some time knows the trend after a loss.

Monday/Tuesday - despair, sky is falling

Wednesday - acceptance, less sky is falling, some positive outlook

Thursday, Friday, Saturday - back to confidence, pro Bills, some points of sky is falling.

You just need to avoid the board on Mon/Tuesdays.

Given how bad our team has been in past years it's amazing we would in fact actually make it to that last step.

I'll never forget the trips to KC during the early 90's run. Those were never pretty.

I don't want to say I expected them to lose, but I told my son before the game that I did not have a good feeling about this game.

The loss obviously raised some concerns but should be scene in the context of the entire season.

They are still 4-1, have are now 2-1 on the road, and the loss was to an NFC team (crayonz is happy).

Also, despite what you might think of the opponents, it was back-to-back road games, playing against a team that had just gotten home after getting pasted last week.

They have their Bye week to work on stuff and get ready for the next run. As long as Edwards is healthy, they should be fine.

This is a young team, and this will definitely not be the last bump in the road.

In that game, Minnesota scored 3 TD's on interception returns and the Giants defense only gave up 251 yards. Not exactly a good comparison to the defense played by the Bills yesterday.

Carry on.

Which is why I tipped my hat to Kurt Warner. It wasn't just the lack of a pass rush as to why our defense looked so bad yesterday. Warner was on fire. I think our defense will rebound and end up somewhere in the top ten this season.

Carry on.

Point taken, LB. But the fact is, two of those interception returns came late in the game, when the Vikes already had control. And remember, that was a Vikings team playing on the road with no Adrian Peterson, and relying on the magical QB/WR combo of Tarvaris Jackson and Sidney Rice.

The point of the original post, I think, was that there are going to be days like yesterday. It happens in this league. It doesn't mean the first four games don't count for anything, or that we suck. Granted, it doesn't mean we are going to win the Super Bowl either, so your point is taken as well.

Its true, the season isn't over, and its only one loss

But you can't just put it behind you and say, "well the defending champs had lost a game by the same score and went on to win the SB, we will be fine"

The key will be, can the Bills coaching staff and team learn from this and make the necessary adjustments to make sure it doesn't happen again and they get better from it? Will they come back stronger from this loss?

Sometimes you just have to a get a grip. The Bills played lousy against a good team. 4-1 is not a bad record last time I checked. I can't believe there is all this gloom and doom with a 4-1 record because of a bad day on the road. After all we've been through with this team there are some that just can't be happy with a winning record. I for one am very pleased with the outcome of the beginning of their season. I know...I know...what do I know?

Agreed, except for the part that I put in bold and underlined.

There is no laying down the law with Dick Jauron at the helm, if this team does not win the San Diego game I foresee huge problems this season.

Agreed, except for the part that I put in bold and underlined.

There is no laying down the law with Dick Jauron at the helm, if this team does not win the San Diego game I foresee huge problems this season.

I see that Charger game as the "bellweather" game forecasting how our season will end up going. Win it and they make it to 11 wins, lose it and they only get to 9. Thankfully they've got two weeks to prepare.