Youtube on Edwards hit....check it out.

I think they look at these things in slo-mo. If they do, they may actually suspend the guy. He initially drove his head into Edwards' chin, and on the way down he redirected his helmet to drive Edwards skull into the turf. It was vicious. It should've been a penalty, and in my opinion, it will be a fine.

I tried to reply before and got a board error.

I agree that it was a savage hit, but I have trouble assigning blame when it's played in slow motion. I think your claim that he redirected his helmet into Trent's chin "on the way down" is bit much considering that portion of the hit probably took all of a quarter-second. I don't think Wilson made the conscious decision to viciously change the angle of his head in the amount of time it takes you to blink.

I think it was borderline, and I'm not too crazy that he drove his body into the ground. I would have been okay with a roughing penalty, but I'm not livid there wasn't one. This was a hard hit. Bruce made a career out of launching his body at the back of a QB's head and driving their face into the turf. Sometimes it's the way it goes...

JMO...

I'm responding to my own damn post because nobody else will even read it. This is a link to a youtube video of the hit in slow motion. I think if you haven't seen it lately, check it out. It's brutal.

I'm shocked that you didn't immediately receive a flurry of replies to your post at 1:00 am EST.

I'm sure the hour and the broken link have nothing to do with it. :thumbdown:

I'm an idiot, it's only midnight here, etc. But I think the league does look at these things in slo-motion. And I also think that a guy who was named MVP by SI at the quarter season post deserves the scrutiny. The Bills were 4-0 for the first time since 92, and Edwards is a big reason for that. So you don't want to see a guy like that get screwed into the ground. The world seemed to stop when Brady got knocked out, and I think the hit on Edwards deseves a good hard look.

However, I do agree with the sarcasm. I don't know how to post a link, and I tried to follow the instructions. Perhaps the moderator decided that my post was redundant. It would be a good point, the only difference between this and the other thread was my botched link to youtube.

Kavika Mitchell's hit was more suspension worthy than Adrian Wilson. I think he gets fined just cause Goodell is trying to send a message, but a suspension would be too harsh IMO. Also, I think it was the head rebounding off the turf that caused the Concussion, and not the initial hit.

That will cost him 10 grand! 15 if they take a look at him ripping Marshawn's helmet off.

I'm still kind of pissed no one on our team evened that score. Lynch sells out on every play, and when he gets his hat ripped off in the middle of a gang tackle, you don't lay down and take it.

Kavika Mitchell's hit was more suspension worthy than Adrian Wilson. I think he gets fined just cause Goodell is trying to send a message, but a suspension would be too harsh IMO. Also, I think it was the head rebounding off the turf that caused the Concussion, and not the initial hit.

I think Kawika's hit was pretty rough, but there were players flying in all directions, so one could argue that it was not intentional. This was a mano a mano head butt. And if you hooked this guy up to a lie detector, assuming he has a brain, you'd find out he was trying to hurt Edwards.

Typical though. Why not try to put the other QB out of the game? Wish our guys tried that a few times today.

Kavika Mitchell's hit was more suspension worthy than Adrian Wilson.

While I don't think either of them is worthy of any suspension, I agree that Kawika's blow was far more of a transgression of the rules than Wilson's.

While I don't think either of them is worthy of any suspension, I agree that Kawika's blow was far more of a transgression of the rules than Wilson's.

You don't think Wilson was trying to use his body to drive him to the turf? I know he is not a lineman, but I doubt the rule has any type of weight stipulation.

I captured the game in HD onto my hard drive, and went back and took a close look.

Wilson did not leave his feet.

When he first makes contact with Edwards, his helmet is entirely underneath Edwards right arm. He hit him basically right next to his armpit, and his momentum caused his helmet to slide or bounce up and off Edwards chin/helmet. I would be surprised if he gets fined.

I tried to reply before and got a board error.

I agree that it was a savage hit, but I have trouble assigning blame when it's played in slow motion. I think your claim that he redirected his helmet into Trent's chin "on the way down" is bit much considering that portion of the hit probably took all of a quarter-second. I don't think Wilson made the conscious decision to viciously change the angle of his head in the amount of time it takes you to blink.

I think it was borderline, and I'm not too crazy that he drove his body into the ground. I would have been okay with a roughing penalty, but I'm not livid there wasn't one. This was a hard hit. Bruce made a career out of launching his body at the back of a QB's head and driving their face into the turf. Sometimes it's the way it goes...

JMO...

The helmet to helmet thing I don't think is dirty. The defender cannot leave his feet to tackle the QB and he does at the very beginning of the hit. There should have been a penalty on that and there still may be a fine for that. It's not like he jumps up from a long ways away but at the end slow it down and you can see that just as the hit starts he has both feet off the ground. That was done on purpose IMO.

That was a legal hit imo.

Thanks for the link.

I captured the game in HD onto my hard drive, and went back and took a close look.

Wilson did not leave his feet.

When he first makes contact with Edwards, his helmet is entirely underneath Edwards right arm. He hit him basically right next to his armpit, and his momentum caused his helmet to slide or bounce up and off Edwards chin/helmet. I would be surprised if he gets fined.

Go to the link and stop it at .05. It isn't high def but it looks to me like he's jumping up to tackle him.

I thought it was borderline illegal if not illegal, but not so much for leading with the helmet as getting him off the ground and then pile driving him with all of his weight into the turf.

QBs that are throwing the ball are vulnerable to that because they can't brace themselves for the hit. I thought he intentionally took advantage of that to get him off his feet and to drive him into the turf. That is simply not necessary to tackle him had he pulled the ball in instead of throwing it.

I'm not going to be pissed if they don't fine him, but I won't feel bad for him if they do.

I think they look at these things in slo-mo. If they do, they may actually suspend the guy. He initially drove his head into Edwards' chin, and on the way down he redirected his helmet to drive Edwards skull into the turf. It was vicious. It should've been a penalty, and in my opinion, it will be a fine.

This did look like something that should be punished, IMO. No sense in letting a defender drive the QB into the ground after he's already thrown the ball. And if there's doubt, you're better off protecting the QB from a potentially serious injury than you are protecting some defender's right to slam the QB around. Of course, maybe I sound like a fan of a team which is much more likely to get its own QB slammed around (due to poor pass protection) than it is to slam the other team's QB around (due to a poor DL pass rush).

As an aside, here's how you post a link: type (url=your_link_here.com)click here(/url). Replace the () with [], and you will be good to go. Change the words "click here" to whatever words you want to use to describe the link.