Robert Royal

Simon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Royal is arguably the worst offensive talent to ever receive status as a starter for more than one season.

After he stepped out of bounds I lost all faith in him. I always want to see him succeed, and then he goes and fumbles or something. He needs to be cut.

Is he good at blocking because he wants to focus on his primary job, or is blocking his primary job because its the only thing he's good at?

Blocking is his primary job because he's a TE.

And he's good at it because he plays his ass off every snap.

Robert Royal is arguably the worst offensive talent to ever receive status as a starter for more than one season.

After he stepped out of bounds I lost all faith in him. I always want to see him succeed, and then he goes and fumbles or something. He needs to be cut.

Do you ever watch him away from the ball?

Ever?

Even once?

That's why you have no clue.

Do you ever watch him away from the ball?

Ever?

Even once?

That's why you have no clue.

No, you see I do. I failed to mention his blocking talent because the Titans game from 05 hurt me too much, and him stepping out of bounds is what I would consider irreconcilable. You're not the first person in the world to "watch the line" pal. I have a clue, and it is that I hate that guy because he singlehandedly cost us a season because he wasn't aware of where he was on the field.

I hear you, but would you say blocking is Antonio Gates' primary job? Kellen Winslow? Jason Witten?

Your primary job is ultimately going to be to do whatever you're best at. If all you can do is block, then thats what you're going to be asked to do. Every tight end needs to be a competent blocker, but some tight ends are able to make a bigger impact than that.

It's not unheard of for a guy to be good at both......Royal may be a solid blocker and, granted, play hard....but, at age 30, I think we've seen the extent of the pass catching he's gonna provide. I think Schouman is a pretty good pass catcher, i imagine his size limits his ability as a blocker.

Tight end is definitely an issue...

Murra, if you disagree with Simon, you have "no clue", or you're an "idiot" or "pinhead".

I guess it's inconceivable that people can have differing opinions....

I didn't call him an idiot or a pinhead. What are you talking about?

Murra, if you disagree with Simon, you have "no clue", or you're an "idiot" or "pinhead".

I guess it's inconceivable that people can have differing opinions....

Cool, I have my own little stalker. :thumbdown:

And as usual, you're wrong.

If you continue to post banal nonsense in the face of all reality, then you have no clue.

You're only an idiot or a pinhead if you happen to act like a jackass while doing it.

that's what he called me last week, after he took issue with my criticisms of Schobel's play.

Oh well, the way I see it, this guy is one of those, "you're only a true football fan if you watch the line" kind of guys. That's fine, but I think if you defend Schobel because you think he's fantastic that's one thing, but if you defend him because you truly think he played well is another. Schobel is a little banged up, getting old, and almost everytime I take time to notice, he's not quickly getting to the QB. If he's seriously satisfied with Schobel, maybe he didn't watch Bruce Smith at all.

that's what he called me last week, after he took issue with my criticisms of Schobel's play.

I never called you an idiot and that's the second time you've lied and put words in my mouth.

I'd gladly deal with it via PM if you hadn't so courageously blocked me last week. :thumbdown: