The Bills biggest problem going forward....

Simon

It's not the inability to create consistent pressure with a 4 man rush.

It's not Trent's head.

It's not the inability to get off the field on 3rd down.

It's not even the OLine's inexplicable regression.

I think it's the fact that in 4 of 5 games this year, and in particular the last 3 weeks in a row, the Bills have come out of the tunnel a poorly coached team that is nowhere near ready to play. Undisciplined, sloppy, disinterested with a complete lack of focus, intensity and crispiness. Several people made the comment last week about how fun they are to watch and I don't know if I read anything I disagreed with more.

I've yet to see another team in the NFL this year that's as completely unprepared as the Bills at the beginning of their games. And that is a significant problem. Not only because it makes them horribly frustrating and nearly unwatchable, but because it's going to cost them nearly every time they play a decent team.

I don't want some spitting idiot like Cowher around but somebody on the staff really needs to start coaching with a bit more of an edge over the next couple weeks.

It's not the inability to create consistent pressure with a 4 man rush.

It's not Trent's head.

It's not the inability to get off the field on 3rd down.

It's not even the OLine's inexplicable regression.

I think it's the fact that in 4 of 5 games this year, and in particular the last 3 weeks in a row, the Bills have come out of the tunnel a poorly coached team that is nowhere near ready to play. Undisciplined, sloppy, disinterested with a complete lack of focus, intensity and crispiness. Several people made the comment last week about how fun they are to watch and I don't know if I read anything I disagreed with more.

I've yet to see another team in the NFL this year that's as completely unprepared as the Bills at the beginning of their games. And that is a significant problem. Not only because it makes them horribly frustrating and nearly unwatchable, but because it's going to cost them nearly every time they play a decent team.

I don't want some spitting idiot like Cowher around but somebody on the staff really needs to start coaching with a bit more of an edge over the next couple weeks.

First of all I want to apologize to you for saying you jinxed Trent for the game after you started a thread about his durability.

I'll give you a pass on this injury because it was so long afterward. :thumbdown:

The team plays hard for Jauron but the team does have serious discipline problems. After the first game where they had only (2?) penalties they have really become undisciplined and it cost them 4 points today, not that that would have made any difference but it's something that they have to get under control.

Stroud made a big splash in his first two games but seems to have faded in the last two.

I think the team will look at the film of this tomorrow and be extremely embarrassed. I think this is a great time for this to happen so they can reflect on it for two weeks.

While I don't disagree (and it's almost impossible to disagree since we have several weeks of proof), I really believe that Trent's injury today shell-shocked the team. I'm not at all saying that this was the magical game where they were going to turn it around and come out sharp, but I grade them on a curve today. I believe Trent means as much to this team as any QB in the league means to any other team. The players love and believe in him. Him going down like that (combined with the fumble) really shook them I think. JMO...

Now, this is no excuse for how the played the rest of the game (especially the 2nd half). And I'm talking primarily about the defense. I had a little hope when they forced the punt on the Cards first drive, but it was clear that was a fluke. They were simply out hustled, out executed, out coached and out played.

Maybe DJ isn't the Monday through Saturday coach some have called him. Last year, the Bills were one of the most disciplined teams in the league with regard to penalties. Now they're falling all over themselves. Gameplan's are just not living up to expectations, particularly against better teams. That's eerily familiar to his entire career against good teams.

AFAIC, DJ's gameday coaching has been exposed as being lackluster. Not solely because of this loss, but this game just happened to be when the minor problems of the first four games were exposed as big issues.

Not long ago there was talk of an extension for DJ, but it hasn't occurred yet. Everyone pointed to his lack of talent during the Chicago years and here in Buffalo in 06 and 07. Now that he's got more talent, particularly at QB, DT, LB, and OL his teams still are outplayed. That's no coincidence.