Edwards Hit

BillsNYC

It looked to me that the Edwards hit was helmet to helmet, think Adrian Wilson gets a fine? I was waiting for the announcers to discuss it but never did.

Of course they were quick to say it when Mitchell clobbered Warner and that he might get a fine.

I thought this was one of the worst announced games ever, almost shut the sound off.

It looked to me that the Edwards hit was helmet to helmet, think Adrian Wilson gets a fine? I was waiting for the announcers to discuss it but never did.

Of course they were quick to say it when Mitchell clobbered Warner and that he might get a fine.

I thought this was one of the worst announced games ever, almost shut the sound off.

Bill, was the helmet contact on the initial hit? In other words, did he lead with his helmet, or did the helmets hit as Trent was being driven to the ground (or as a result of hitting the ground)?

Again, I thought it looked rather vicious, but clean. That doesn't mean there won't be a fine, of course. I imagine Wilson driving Trent to the ground could be cited, as could the helmet-to-helmet contact, regardless of how it occurred.

What he said. It wasn't a helmet-to-helmet hit. Their helmets DID hit each other, but that's not what the NFL ban is about. This was a legit, full-body tackle, and while I'm not sure whether the concussion happened when the helmets connected or when Edwards's head hit the floor, it doesn't matter. It was clean; this isn't another Wilfork incident. Sometimes the injuries just happen.

Bill, was the helmet contact on the initial hit? In other words, did he lead with his helmet, or did the helmets hit as Trent was being driven to the ground (or as a result of hitting the ground)?

Again, I thought it looked rather vicious, but clean. That doesn't mean there won't be a fine, of course. I imagine Wilson driving Trent to the ground could be cited, as could the helmet-to-helmet contact, regardless of how it occurred.

so...what you are saying is it was helmet to hemet with intent to injure? I am.

so...what you are saying is it was helmet to hemet with intent to injure? I am.

That is not what I was saying. How did you get that from my post?

With that said, I think there may have been some intent to injure.

If you watch the play again, Edwards seemed to jump slightly while throwing the pass and seemingly jumped into Wilson's tackle....

Sorry...I thought it was pretty clear.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the hits on Edwards or Warner. It did piss me off though that they kept pumping Warner up after that hit for being "so tough". I've seen much "gutsier" efforts go unapplauded. Did anyone see the way Hasslebeck got hit in the knees early on today and stayed in the game?