I hated our defensive philosophy today

Fewell733

This is the defensive approach that gets us killed against multiple wide receiver sets. Fewell seems unwilling to assert his defense on an offense and make them adjust. We have got to be willing to bring linebackers in on the rush against a spread or else we will get picked apart. Maybe if we were against a rookie QB that makes unforced errors in reads we might take the ball away, but against vets like Warner or Brady we get picked apart because we're giving up the short stuff and not bringing pressure.

We need to have the guts to take some defensive chances, even when they spread us out.

I said the same thing before the game. Warner can only be stopped with blitzes. You are not going to go man2man with WRs and have one of the best pure passers a chance to win. He wins more than he losses those battles and I've never seen a Warner offense not score over 24 points without a lot of pressure.

I watched a lot of Cardinals games this year with multi-set TVs and NFL ticket. I knew if we didn't knock him off his rocker we would get blown up. That's what a finely tuned O looks like.