Chris Carter said "Pats are better to a man than Bills"

I posted this in a different thread (subsequently deleted,) but I think it's worthy of its own. It's in response to Chris Carter's statement on ESPN today that "to a man, Pats are better than Bills up and down their starting line-ups."

-------------------

QB = ill take Edwards over Cassell, and so would every coach in the league, bellichik included

Bills + 1

Oline = i like their interior lineman better, but our tackles more; Pats net 1

Bills even

RB = Lynch easily over maroney or any of their other scrubs

Bills + 1

TE = Watson over Royal

Bills even

WR = Moss over Evans, Welker over Reed, Pats +2

Bills - 2

Dline = I'll give this to Pats 3 & 1

Bills -4

LBs = I think Bills win 2 & 1 here

Bills -3

Secondary = forget rodney harrison Whitner at this stage in their careers is much better. with Samuel gone the rest of our guys are as good or better. So let's say we win 2 and 1

Bills -2

Punter = Bills

Bills -1

FG kicker = push

Bills -1

Returner = Parrish over anyone they have

Bills even

I think that's a very fair and balanced assessment that most analysts would agree with. So Carter yapping about pats being better up and down their starting lineups, is nonsense. His football knowledge is just very superficial, so he votes on reputation and past records versus current reality. no one i know ever cites "carter said ...." in support of football analysis.

that's an outrageously stupid thing for anybody that's supposed to be an expert in football to say.

here was something Polian said a couple days ago about NFL pregame shows:

"Polian also doesn’t think much of the various NFL pregame shows.

Speaking regarding some of his observations from the bye week, which gave him a chance to watch football on television, Polian had this to say: “Don’t forget I said earlier that they were the team that no one was talking about but that everybody would be soon. It’s amazing how little tape and how little preparation the people that speak on the pre-game shows really do. That’s shocking when you hear some of the statements that are made, particularly from ex-players. You don’t get an accurate picture in virtually any situation."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/01/...of-vince-young/

that's an outrageously stupid thing for anybody that's supposed to be an expert in football to say.

here was something Polian said a couple days ago about NFL pregame shows:

"Polian also doesn’t think much of the various NFL pregame shows.

Speaking regarding some of his observations from the bye week, which gave him a chance to watch football on television, Polian had this to say: “Don’t forget I said earlier that they were the team that no one was talking about but that everybody would be soon. It’s amazing how little tape and how little preparation the people that speak on the pre-game shows really do. That’s shocking when you hear some of the statements that are made, particularly from ex-players. You don’t get an accurate picture in virtually any situation."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/01/...of-vince-young/

he's right. i think for a lot of these guys its merely a distraction from their golf games and endorsements. including post game, the good ones are the exception vs the rule.

i think they are:

- steve young

- jaws

average ones:

- sharpe

- dilfer

- meshawn

- Cowher

- collingsworth

- that former denver LB

bad ones:

- the remainders with notable "worst of worsts" jimmy johnson, chris carter, emmitt smith and tiki barber

he's right. i think for a lot of these guys its merely a distraction from their golf games and endorsements. including post game, the good ones are the exception vs the rule.

i think they are:

- steve young

- jaws

average ones:

- sharpe

- dilfer

- meshawn

- ditka

- collingsworth

- that former denver LB

bad ones:

- the remainders with notable "worst of worsts" jimmy johnson, chris carter, emmitt smith and tiki barber

totally agree. IMO, Steve Young is the best, and most honest, football analyst on television. Virtually all of them just peddle catch phrases and ride whatever team has hype at the moment.

Chris Carter is a dope and horrible on TV and is made because he looks like Steve Erckel

Chris Carter is hanging around on TV to ensure that his media buddies vote him to the Hall and then he will be out of there....something that Andre did not do and will regret for a long time for his call to the Hall.