The USS Forrestal Fire Revisted

I know I will get lambasted for this... But, think about it... It is never really known what truly happened.

Look at McCain's erratic behavior in just this election.

Could all the conspiracy theory about this 1967 incident be true... The signs sure point to "maverick" "wet start" behavior even at a earlier time in his life.

Really... Flame away if needed.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I will get lambasted for this... But, think about it... It is never really known what truly happened.

Could all the conspiracy theory about this 1967 incident be true... The signs sure point to "maverick" "wet start" behavior even at a earlier time in his life.

But Biden told us that McCain is not really a maverick.

McCain's plane was hit in the port side by the Zuni. The only way a "wet start" cooks off the rocket is if the engine is somehow pointed sideways out over the plane's left wing. :lol:

This is SUCH a retarded topic. Even for you.

McCain's plane was hit in the port side by the Zuni. The only way a "wet start" cooks off the rocket is if the engine is somehow pointed sideways out over the plane's left wing. :lol:

This is SUCH a retarded topic. Even for you.

Hey what can I say... :P:beer:

I don't believe you or what the military says. They have been known to lie.

:)

No.

Just saying they could have put the plane anywhere in their investigation... I don't know, I wasn't even born yet. Why do some Vets and eyewitnesses differ on the investigation?

The Government had their 2nd string conspiracy folks stage the Forrestal. Their first stringers were busy working on the moon landing :lol:

The Government had their 2nd string conspiracy folks stage the Forrestal. Their first stringers were busy working on the moon landing :lol:

I know... I know... Who knows what the eff happened back in especially 1967. ??

Even in this day and age... They said there were WMD's in Iraq and they were ready to use them... That our troops were going to be gased... Blah, blah, blah, blah.

:)

No.

Just saying they could have put the plane anywhere in their investigation... I don't know, I wasn't even born yet. Why do some Vets and eyewitnesses differ on the investigation?

The footage isn't classified. I've seen it. TV specials have been done on it. The plane that was hit, was hit broadside-on.

Unless you're saying they faked the deck footage to protect McCain...for reasons of what, his presidential campaign 40 years later?

I know... I know... Who knows what the eff happened back in especially 1967. ??
Dude...Your name should be Exiled to Idiotville...You're retarded, seriously. The accident is captured on film and shown as part of fire fighting training in the Navy. There is now way McCain could have been the cause of the accident. NO WAY!!!!! I don't know what is worse, your sickening manlove crush on Obama or your hatred of McCain. :thumbsup:

Dude...Your name should be Exiled to Idiotville...You're retarded, seriously. The accident is captured on film and shown as part of fire fighting training in the Navy. There is now way McCain could have been the cause of the accident. NO WAY!!!!! I don't know what is worse, your sickening manlove crush on Obama or your hatred of McCain. :thumbsup:

Nice tagline for him. I seriously think he is a lonely person who is competing with Alaska Darin for most posts. The difference between him and AD is substance. At least AD adds something to the thread. This fool posts inane drivel with his little smiley faces. It's pathetic actually...

The funniest thing about him is that he posts so often he sometimes forgets the tall tales he's posted. For example- a year or so ago he was an engineer, but in the last few months he posted that he reads the board between performing his job as a painter and weedeating. Maybe I misunderstood him. He may actually be an engineer-a janitorial engineer...Ha!

EiN is RIGHT!!!!!

And I think the fact that McCain is referred to as a "fighter pilot" when the guy was really flying "Scooters" on attack runs is yet ANOTHER sign of deception and twisting of the facts by the McCain Campaign.

I did say flame away!

:censored::wallbash:

And yes... I am very personally happy in MANY ways!! I wish more could feel the joy I feel... I live a pretty easy life, free of much of the mainstream stress out there!

Financially... Somebody... Just said: "If you don't have a stomach for this market, then maybe you shouldn't be in it."

That has a lot to do with my personal happiness... I sold off a while ago when things were high... I have very minimal loss financially! I haven't used credit in years!

I do feel sad for the many who haven't been as lucky as myself... What I have accomplished really didn't take a lot of hard work... Just stayed consistent in many ways... I have a very loving family to thank... I am still over 500 miles from anyone outside of my wife and children.

Again... I am just very lucky...

And to clarify what I do:

I never said I was an engineer... I have always said that I have been a lock and dam operator... I sarted my career as a hydrographic surveyor in BFLO and the eastern Great Lakes... Was a lock and dam operator at Black Rock Lock for a stint... And then to the Upper Mississippi River when BFLO district went through a RIF... SD, please find me a link where I said I was an "engineer"? I am just a wage grade employee with the USACE, always have been since moving to the midwest... A handsomely nicley paid wage grade, I do admit. We do everything though. I do have a BA, 1990 from UB. The funny thing is... I am not a pencil pusher. We have 13 men (we have had woman in the past, just not currently) at our field site and that job description covers almost everything that makes that site run. The private sector would most closely classify this as an operating engineer... That job title covers a lot... From digging ditches to running all of kinds ofheavy machines, lock/dam machinery, vessels, and what not. It is basically like running a 20+ acre industrial acre site that manages the river and 10's of millions of cargo tonnage annually... Now, mix in 10's of 1,000's personal recreational craft that transit the area and other vessels... Between making sure vessels get locked through and the weeds get chopped to the making sure our 13 person personnel staff get their time to the district offices, that is what we do... 24/7/365... There has never been a time since 1960 that my work site has not been staffed... We are very self sufficent... One minute I may be helping out a new employee get his payroll and health benefits squared away in real time with the computer system... To handling river and gauge levels with other local agencies... To getting the lock wall plowed... And most recently walking back a 1/4 mile (with my tail between my legs) to the site in order to get a little help winching out a tractor from a ditch... :blush: Now, mix in a lot of "quiet time." Kinda like a firehouse in the classic sense. I could ramble on. :wallbash:

As you can tell... I am pretty proud of what I do and how we run... I do speak out against the non-functioning aspects of the establishment though... There are drawbacks and things can always run better... Especially in the DOD... IMO, as an agency we are changing for the better though...

Did I say too much? Today is my day off and I am home. Does this help SD?

Back to McCain... I really would like to see the actual footage.

Sorry for the tangent... I just wanted to clear the air.

Maybe I misunderstood him. He may actually be an engineer-a janitorial engineer...Ha!

This deeply disturbs me... It indicates how people think in a "status driven" society. For ME, it is not about status. My job first and formost is about being a "good steward"... At no time does my job suffer, that comes first when I am on duty. Also: A transparent gov't is a better gov't.

I will do what ever it takes to make sure the job is done right and customers are kept safe.

I do talk a lot, I do ramble... But, I also question... Maybe that will not get me "far" in your status driven world... So be it! I will (and have been known to) question everybody in a respectful (maybe you see it other ways) way.

Sorry for changing this thread and addressing the personal diatribes directed towards me. In no way did I personally attack any of the posters here... Maybe offend, but not personally attack. I just questioned the 1967 fire that McCain was innvolved in. I am still open to everything.

Again... I fully expected the staunch personal attacks against me... May this clear the air and hopefully a new type of dialog here on the board.

This deeply disturbs me... It indicates how people think in a "status driven" society. For ME, it is not about status. My job first and formost is about being a "good steward"... At no time does my job suffer, that comes first when I am on duty. Also: A transparent gov't is a better gov't.

I will do what ever it takes to make sure the job is done right and customers are kept safe.

I do talk a lot, I do ramble... But, I also question... Maybe that will not get me "far" in your status driven world... So be it! I will (and have been known to) question everybody in a respectful (maybe you see it other ways) way.

Sorry for changing this thread and addressing the personal diatribes directed towards me. In no way did I personally attack any of the posters here... Maybe offend, but not personally attack. I just questioned the 1967 fire that McCain was innvolved in. I am still open to everything.

Again... I fully expected the staunch personal attacks against me... May this clear the air and hopefully a new type of dialog here on the board.

For the record...I'm not with them up there. I haven't insulted your profession, I've only called you an idiot.

Now go drive your choo-choo train. :censored:

For the record...I'm not with them up there. I haven't insulted your profession, I've only called you an idiot.

Now go drive your choo-choo train. :censored:

I know Tom.

I do have a voice though... And I know it is very important to get that voice out and not remain quiet. You very seldom see this voice from where I am coming from professionally. You are seeing it more as the workforce ages and younger blood in infused.

I am not saying anything I shouldn't... I am being very transparant on what I do... There are a lot of people out there that are caught in the middle and don't say anything, that just fuels more misconceptions...

I think people would have a different perception of what gov't does if they just moved past the classic barriers... And that starts from within... Especially with the people I am surrounded and deal with daily... Professionally and recreationally.

Stay cool. I know my wife and children want to mumble how retarded I am, but they are a little too classy of a family! One has to get dirty now and then... I will look into that video.

I know Tom.

I do have a voice though... And I know it is very important to get that voice out and not remain quiet. You very seldom see this voice from where I am coming from professionally. You are seeing it more as the workforce ages and younger blood in infused.

I am not saying anything I shouldn't... I am being very transparant on what I do... There are a lot of people out there that are caught in the middle and don't say anything, that just fuels more misconceptions...

I think people would have a different perception of what gov't does if they just moved past the classic barriers... And that starts from within... Especially with the people I am surrounded and deal with daily... Professionally and recreationally.

I've seen you write about what you do (discussing the New Orleans' flood system with you was very educational). I know the difference between "stupid EII" and "professional EII". You get no problem from me.

Stay cool. I know my wife and children want to mumble how retarded I am, but they are a little too classy of a family! One has to get dirty now and then... I will look into that video.

I'd start at HistoryChannel.com...I believe they did a special on it several years back that relied heavily on the footage.

Back to the thread.

Linking erratic behavior to safety... People who have erratic behavior tend to have a horrid safety track record. These people also very often find themselves embroiled in other messes, maybe not such much of their own doing.

And I don't mean getting a tractor stuck in a ditch... :censored: I am not a maverick... I immediately knew not to keep spinning the wheels only to get stuck deeper... :wallbash:

On one end you have a maverick... Which scares me, they usually get people killed or hurt. On the other hand you have to the quote I think Tom posted here years ago: "A perfect safety record is one's who don't have the balls to live in the real world."

I just think McCain is one of those characters that always has to have his ass covered because of over the top stupid mistakes he makes.

Maybe is not totally to blame... He does have the bad credibility of being in the wrong place at the wrong time... It is amazing he lived?

Back to the thread.

Linking erratic behavior to safety... People who have erratic behavior tend to have a horrid safety track record. These people also very often find themselves embroiled in other messes, maybe not such much of their own doing.

And I don't mean getting a tractor stuck in a ditch... :censored: I am not a maverick... I immediately knew not to keep spinning the wheels only to get stuck deeper... :wallbash:

On one end you have a maverick... Which scares me, they usually get people killed or hurt. On the other hand you have to the quote I think Tom posted here years ago: "A perfect safety record is one's who don't have the balls to live in the real world."

I just think McCain is one of those characters that always has to have his ass covered because of over the top stupid mistakes he makes.

Maybe is not totally to blame... He does have the bad credibility of being in the wrong place at the wrong time... It is amazing he lived?

Combat flying favors aggressiveness, and involves pushing high-performance planes to the edge of the envelope...which is why McCain's record w/r/t aircraft losses isn't all that surprising or worrisome to me. The number of aircrew that die from accidents or even simply doing stupid sh-- in high-performance planes is truly amazing. The military does not, however, put a person in control of a plane without teaching them a certain measure of responsibility, as they know it's too easy to get in trouble in an airplane.

I think, what gets lost in this "debate" about McCain's flying record, is the distinction between being a "risk taker" and a "risk seeker". The military wants risk takers as combat pilots - people who can size up a situation and make a calculated decision as to the risk/reward balance thereof. They need them, in fact...if Chuck Yeager wasn't a risk taker, he'd have never become an ace (in a day - five kills on one mission, in Europe no less) and never would have climbed into the X-1 (which had an alarming tendency to explode). They do not want risk seekers - guys who suspend judgement for the sake of an adreneline rush. And that's especially true for carrier aviation, which is, was, and will always include some of the most stupidly dangerous things you can do with an aircraft.

The idea that McCain's flight record demonstrates bad judgement is a fallacy. If it demonstrates anything, it demonstrates largely just the kind of judgement he needed as a combat pilot, balancing safety with the fact that he was doing one of the most unsafe activities on the planet.

Now, whether you want THAT kind of risk-taking judgement in the White House or not...that's another argument.