How Great is YouTube!

Chef Jim

Thanks CJ!

My pleasure. I just listened to it again and I just noticed the absolute lack of crowd noise. Back when people used to go to concerts to listen not scream, yell and god forbid talk. Jimi had a way of putting the audience in a trance.

My pleasure. I just listened to it again and I just noticed the absolute lack of crowd noise. Back when people used to go to concerts to listen not scream, yell and god forbid talk. Jimi had a way of putting the audience in a trance.

I think you are giving the audience too much credit- they were idiots back then too. Crowds never appreciated Jimi interpreting his songs live bad ass style- they wanted to hear him play his songs just like they heard them on the radio. Jimi was very vastly under appreciated in his home country, and he fled to Europe where he had a an audience that appreciated his genius

Oh yeah- great link, thanks :thumbsup: . And Youtube is awesome!

And here I thought it was the drugs that did that.

I think you are giving the audience too much credit- they were idiots back then too. Crowds never appreciated Jimi interpreting his songs live bad ass style- they wanted to hear him play his songs just like they heard them on the radio. Jimi was very vastly under appreciated in his home country, and he fled to Europe where he had a an audience that appreciated his genius

Oh yeah- great link, thanks :thumbsup: . And Youtube is awesome!

Listen to any of the concerts from the 60's. People sat and listened to the performance. Look at Woodstock. Some people were dancing but most were just sitting listening to the music.