Subprime crisis explained

Mr Info

Splendid! It's right on point. 'Cept now its the US taxpayers that are holding the stinking notes that'll never get paid.

Yeah they need to add 2 more slides

The next slide should have the stick figures trying to figure out which clowns would be stupid enough to buy the debt

The final slide should show the avatar I'm using as well as this guy

Splendid! It's right on point. 'Cept now its the US taxpayers that are holding the stinking notes that'll never get paid.

And the a$$holes who came up with this house of cards are retiring to the Cayman Islands with Golden Parachutes that you and I are paying for out of the $700 (really $860) Billion bailout. But hey, let's keep government out of free enterprise. Ronald Reagan is in his grave laughing at us right now.

PTR

Yeah they need to add 2 more slides

The next slide should have the stick figures trying to figure out which clowns would be stupid enough to buy the debt

The final slide should show the avatar I'm using as well as this guy

You're sorely tempting me to finally change my avatar. Nice find.

And the a$$holes who came up with this house of cards are retiring to the Cayman Islands with Golden Parachutes that you and I are paying for out of the $700 (really $860) Billion bailout. But hey, let's keep government out of free enterprise. Ronald Reagan is in his grave laughing at us right now.

PTR

I rather think he's weeping.

Up until about 6 month ago I worked for a company who made software for companies that issues mortgage-backed securities - all of these firms that have gone under in the past 2 years were my clients.

I saw this Powerpoint deck over a year ago when a guy at Countrywide's MBS issuance deptartment sent it to me....

PTR

:thumbsup:

Well, he's certainly laughing at you for failing to grasp the point that government intervention is what started this mess. The government forced banks to hand out loans to people who would have otherwise never been eligible to receive them. It's okay, though, because our Constitution lists owning a home as an inalienable right. Doesn't it?

:thumbsup:

Well, he's certainly laughing at you for failing to grasp the point that government intervention is what started this mess. The government forced banks to hand out loans to people who would have otherwise never been eligible to receive them. It's okay, though, because our Constitution lists owning a home as an inalienable right. Doesn't it?

Yes exactly.

:D

:thumbsup::devil:

Just like raising children... The bank is one spouse and the Gov't the other. You know you can say NO. The predatory lenders then began to run the ship when nobody with a backbone stood up.