XM / Sirius subscribers

eball

Just an FYI. I'm particularly enthused about this, since my new car only came with XM and I was a long-time Sirius guy. Now I can add the "Best of Sirius" package and get Stern, NFL Radio, etc. added without needing new equipment.

(I know this will probably be moved to the consumer forum, but there's so little traffic over there I figured it deserves some exposure here first)

Just an FYI. I'm particularly enthused about this, since my new car only came with XM and I was a long-time Sirius guy. Now I can add the "Best of Sirius" package and get Stern, NFL Radio, etc. added without needing new equipment.

(I know this will probably be moved to the consumer forum, but there's so little traffic over there I figured it deserves some exposure here first)

http://www.sirius.com/bestofxm

so if i am understanding it, right now you can only get the best of package, you can't get the individual channels yet....correct? I am on the sirius site as i type checking it out

What does this do to my old PnP units (old Sirius Sportsters)... Do I have to upgrade receivers?

As far as I can tell, there's no new equipment needed. The "Best of Sirius" subscription was added to the XM receiver in my car this morning and it is working perfectly.

i think you can order channels ala carte for $.25, not sure how that will work with mlb

Still no baseball for Sirius, though? Not interested. The only things XM has that Sirius does not and are worth having is MLB and rap. Sirius is superior in every other way.

There's no info on the Sirius website yet about baseball. My guess is that they will have a package available next spring for MLB. That's what I really want, plus PGA radio.

Other than those two things, Sirius has everything I'll ever need. :thumbsup:

Still no baseball for Sirius, though? Not interested. The only things XM has that Sirius does not and are worth having is MLB and rap. Sirius is superior in every other way.

I could swear that I saw a MLB game on my Sirius unit... It was around channel 99-100... I thinkit was the Mets game at the end of the season.

??

I just wish they'd make a better antennae for the Sportster.

I've got three of them and they all suck goat cheese.

I have the old original Sportster and then the older and first gen "Replay." Antenna's seem to be working fine even after 5 or so years!

Where is your antenna located?... Is it in a clear spot? What is you location? I noticed that at the corner of my street (heavy trees and directional orientation)... My receiver will blip out... I also noticed on I-80... Around the IL-IN border (Torrence Ave.)... The thing won't work... It is because there are huge high tension wires at that area.

The antenna in my Jeep is even more golden... Sat signal will pass through canvas (fabric soft top) and fiberglass... Not steel... So you can protect it and keep it out of sight.

I just wish they'd make a better antennae for the Sportster.

I've got three of them and they all suck goat cheese.

If you want a different antenna cheap, try Radio Shack. I picked up one of these when my antenna crapped out while on a trip. Better than paying $50 at CC/BB for just the antenna. And I used the dock in another vehicle for my Sportster. The tuner itself sits on a shelf in case the Sportster dies.

If you want a different antenna cheap, try Radio Shack. I picked up one of these when my antenna crapped out while on a trip. Better than paying $50 at CC/BB for just the antenna. And I used the dock in another vehicle for my Sportster. The tuner itself sits on a shelf in case the Sportster dies.

Jack... I heard a lot of antennas have been crapping out... Knock on plastic mine never did... Even my home one is mounted to the soffit of my house.

Any news on this... Was it a manufacturing glitch?