for you zappa fans

The Poojer

i am assuming you looked at all 4 clips...i was lazy and only posted the first...i figured you would appreciate that...amazing what you find on youtube, i was searching for Michael Nesmith "Elephant Parts" videos which led to a video where Nesmith and Zappa played each other in an interview, which led to that Steve Allen show video....God I love the internet

Holy s#it! That was great. Thanks.

i am assuming you looked at all 4 clips...i was lazy and only posted the first...i figured you would appreciate that...amazing what you find on youtube, i was searching for Michael Nesmith "Elephant Parts" videos which led to a video where Nesmith and Zappa played each other in an interview, which led to that Steve Allen show video....God I love the internet

I had the same experience last night and thought how great youtube is. After viewing the clip you posted I got into some Yardbirds. I am a big Led Zeppelin fan so it was very interesting for me to see the roots of the bands creation. I also checked out some Jeff Beck with Rod Stewart. At one point Jimmy Page was considering Stewart as the front man for Zeppelin. So really, Beck and Stewart could have been the beginning of a Led Zep type blues-based superband. As it turned out, Jimmy page got the ingedients right with Bonham, Plant, John Paul Jones, and the management of Peter Grant.

Anyhoo, got some work to do today. :wallbash:

never saw this before

enjoy

Great stuff, Poojer! I stumbled across that and a bunch of other bizarre FZ stuff this past summer just before Dweezil did his 'Zappa Plays Zappa' show at Thursday In The Square - here's a couple more you might like...

FZ and Pennsylvania State Police

FZ on Mike Douglas Show

FZ on Johnny Carson

Stevie's Spanking

Barcelona 1988

Stinkfoot Live

And those will no doubt cause you to spend a few hours looking at all the others. The interview with Steve Vai talking about auditioning for FZ is fantastic. FZ was a guitar God, and a brilliant musician. I miss him.

Yes, I watched all parts, it was fascinating.

Great stuff. I came home one night when I was a teenager (stoned of course) and my parents where still up watching SNL and Frank Zappa was the musical guest and they were sitting there listening to it. I sat there high as a kite with my parents listening to Frank Zappa. From that day forward my parents where the coolest parents around.

BTW Steve does a great job as Benny Goodman in The Benny Goodman Story

BTW Gene Krupa plays himself in that movie.

What's really fascinating about those Zappa/Steve Allen clips is the interaction between Frank and Steve. Steve was obviously impressed by Zappa's confidence, sense of humor and unflappability. While I'm sure the bicycle "music" didn't strike a note with Steve, in the end he recognized that this guy just might be a true "outsider" genius.

What's really fascinating about those Zappa/Steve Allen clips is the interaction between Frank and Steve. Steve was obviously impressed by Zappa's confidence, sense of humor and unflappability. While I'm sure the bicycle "music" didn't strike a note with Steve, in the end he recognized that this guy just might be a true "outsider" genius.

And it's interesting how short our attention spans have gotten. How long were all those clips together? Today the interview on talk shows last maybe 5 minutes.

And it's interesting how short our attention spans have gotten. How long were all those clips together? Today the interview on talk shows last maybe 5 minutes.

Seriously. That was a very long segment for a guest on any show.

That is because guests on talk shows are often little more than a movie trailer. People have forgotten how to have a conversation or listen when something new comes along. Every now and you get surprised.