Missing Rings 1990 Bills

I watched the show on the NFL Network and it brought home alot of memories. I also learned new stuff like Daryl Talley called Jim Kelly Heathcliff. He said that Heathcliff was a cat who thought he was a dog and Kelly was a QB who thought he was a LB. Also Kelly would puke EVERY time before a game in the lockerroom. Talley said that the team would wait for him to spew before going on the field. Talley also blamed himself on the Superbowl to the Giants because he missed a tackle on Ingram on 3rd & 13. It was a great show, hopefully the 2008 Bills will fair better. They even had a short tribute to Timm Russert. :lol:

I watched the show on the NFL Network and it brought home alot of memories. I also learned new stuff like Daryl Talley called Jim Kelly Heathcliff. He said that Heathcliff was a cat who thought he was a dog and Kelly was a QB who thought he was a LB

That, or Talley was a devotee of Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights. :lol:

I watched the show on the NFL Network and it brought home alot of memories. I also learned new stuff like Daryl Talley called Jim Kelly Heathcliff. He said that Heathcliff was a cat who thought he was a dog and Kelly was a QB who thought he was a LB. Also Kelly would puke EVERY time before a game in the lockerroom. Talley said that the team would wait for him to spew before going on the field. Talley also blamed himself on the Superbowl to the Giants because he missed a tackle on Ingram on 3rd & 13. It was a great show, hopefully the 2008 Bills will fair better. They even had a short tribute to Timm Russert. :lol:

How about the traditional Jim Kelly pre-game vomit ritual?

It was a great show and all the more welcome as it gave me something to watch besides the VP debate.

I didn't watch but I was hoping somewhere in the debate that in the middle of a heated argument that Biden would suddenly stop and look into Palin's eyes and say "Are you as turned on right now as I am?". She would answer "More" and then the real sparks would fly leading to a realignment of candidates to Obama/McCain v. Biden/Palin.

Any chance that happened?

yeah i watched it too. i watched our play-off runs but turned it off before they showed the clips from the super bowl

It reminded me of what I really remember about those teams. Not the SB's but the winning, the endless week-in week-out winning and winning in exciting heart stomping never a dull moment ways. No matter who we played, no matter what the situation was, they just kept on winning. You could go to the kitchen for a bag of chips and come back 50 seconds later and they would have scored three freaking times. They were great teams that played great games that made great play after great play. If what you love is football, nothing was or ever could be better than having been a part of that even if only as a witness. If what you care about is being NO. 1 at something, a trophy, bragging rights, whatever, then the Bills were not for you.

That entire show was put together well. After watching it I felt bad for Daryl Talley, boy he really didnt get much respect did he....

Anytime you hear former NFL players talking about the Bills Defense in that era, they always bring up Talley....Bruce and Biscuit and to some extent, even Shane Conlan were a little more known to fans and broadcasters. But Talley's name always came up when people who actually played against the Bills gave their opinion.

I felt badly for Talley too! He was one of my favorites. It was hard to pick, but I always loved Leonard Smith, Nate Odomes, and Talley.

Bittersweet to watch - but gosh those were the days. Not just in football...it seems like the world has overall gotten a lot colder.

I cried at the Tim Russert cameo.

I thought the show did not do much justice to either Thurman Thomas or Kent Hull.

Thomas was going to be the MVP of super bowl XXV only to be snatched away at the last moment. Kent Hull was instrumental in holding together these bickering bills.

I wished the show would have added more thoughts to those two guys.