Jason Peters Please Read

Virgil

I hope that things work out for Greer in the same respect

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-9/E...Believe-it.html

Evans third-richest WR? Believe it

October 2, 2008 7:36 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

The Buffalo Bills have made Lee Evans the third-highest-paid receiver in the NFL.

How could this happen? Evans has never been to a Pro Bowl. He has gained 850 or more yards only once in his four NFL seasons. Last year, he tied for 45th in receptions and 32nd in yardage.

So the Bills on Thursday awarded him with a four-year extension worth $37.25 million, putting him behind only obvious superstars Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Smith -- five Pro Bowls and three 100-catch seasons between them -- on the salary leaderboard.

And Evans is worth every penny. He is that good.

The Evans deal sends a reassuring message to the rest of the team that if you go about your business professionally, you will be rewarded. Evans went to the Bills last year about extending his contract.

Although a deal hadn't been struck by the time training camp opened, he reported anyway. He practiced hard. Talks continued.

Imagine where Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters would be had he not held out. Maybe he would have a new deal, too. Peters has made no progress toward a new deal and still is trying to cast a shadow of the dominating presence he did last year.

Evans went about his business the proper way, and the Bills gave him a proper contract.

Edited by Lori
copyrighted material

good article...Evans should have gone to the probowl in 2006, but because he was on a crappy Bills team no-none looked at him...not sure how good the AFC WR's were that year that went either...most WR's didnt get to probowl or have good seasons till year 4 anyways...this is Evans 5th year...he should have a probowl year this year and hopefully if Bills keep winning Evans gets the call to Hawaii

I hope that things work out for Greer in the same respect

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-9/E...Believe-it.html

Evans third-richest WR? Believe it

October 2, 2008 7:36 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

G. Newman Lowrance/Getty Images

Lee Evans joined elite (and wealthy) company at the wide receiver position Thursday.

The Buffalo Bills have made Lee Evans the third-highest-paid receiver in the NFL.

How could this happen? Evans has never been to a Pro Bowl. He has gained 850 or more yards only once in his four NFL seasons. Last year, he tied for 45th in receptions and 32nd in yardage.

So the Bills on Thursday awarded him with a four-year extension worth $37.25 million, putting him behind only obvious superstars Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Smith -- five Pro Bowls and three 100-catch seasons between them -- on the salary leaderboard.

And Evans is worth every penny. He is that good.

Casual fans who follow football through their fantasy rosters or perusing box scores might not fathom Evans being a top-10 receiver. He's not flashy like Randy Moss, Terrell Owens or Chad Ocho Cinco and doesn't produce like Reggie Wayne or Wes Welker.

But Evans is as important to the Bills as those players are to their teams. He is a dynamic, deep-ball threat who has been handcuffed in the past by lackluster offensive resources. And he's a credit to the uniform however you can imagine. Evans will never be confused for Travis Henry.

Evans, who has 14 catches for 332 yards and a touchdown, would have been an unrestricted free agent after this season. The Bills would have been forced to put the franchise tag on him. Otherwise, half the NFL would have been in hot pursuit.

The top three free-agent options at receiver would have been Evans, Roy Williams and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. After that, the drop off is steep.

So the ever-prudent Bills made a substantial commitment and locked up one of their big three offensive weapons. Evans is only 27 years old. Quarterback Trent Edwards will turn 25 this month. Running back Marshawn Lynch is 22.

The Evans deal sends a reassuring message to the rest of the team that if you go about your business professionally, you will be rewarded. Evans went to the Bills last year about extending his contract.

Although a deal hadn't been struck by the time training camp opened, he reported anyway. He practiced hard. Talks continued.

Imagine where Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters would be had he not held out. Maybe he would have a new deal, too. Peters has made no progress toward a new deal and still is trying to cast a shadow of the dominating presence he did last year.

Evans went about his business the proper way, and the Bills gave him a proper contract.

If Peters does not improve his play based on the year to date he can forget about a new contract. Right now he is fairly paid for what he does maybe overpaid.

i graduated Gananda class of 1991...you probably know my sister Kelli craig or my brother Reid craig...the baby in my pic is Reids baby girl..my neice Irelynd Craig

yes, i do. my sister was '94 deanna cain

I wouldnt say overpaid right now yet but if he continues to play like this not only will he never get a new contract, he might need a new team next year....I doubt it comes to that,but Buffalo is not gonna be happy how he handled himself this preseason and came in not playing well..something is gonna happen...they could wait and see how he handles next offseason and what he looks like next year before deciding what to do with him....so basically what Im saying is: 1- he needs to up his play now, 2 - he needs to be here for all ota's and training camp next year and 3 - if he keeps struggling this year he needs to show hes back to 100% next year or its his last....if he comes out after the bye week back to where he was last year then maybe they might talk to him about a new contract...if not then theyll wait and see what he dose next year before talking new contract.