I'm A Member Of 'Party of Death!'

"Roman Catholicism

The laity comprises all the faithful who have not received Holy Orders, whether living in religious orders or in the world. In the past, the term lay priest was sometimes used to refer to a secular priest, a diocesan priest who is not a member of a religious order.

Paragraph 31 of the dogmatic constitution Lumen Gentium defines the laity as follows:

“ The term laity is here understood to mean all the faithful except those in holy orders and those in the state of religious life specially approved by the Church. These faithful are by baptism made one body with Christ and are constituted among the People of God; they are in their own way made sharers in the priestly, prophetical, and kingly functions of Christ; and they carry out for their own part the mission of the whole Christian people in the Church and in the world. "

So it has nothing to do with priests trying to lay altar boys?

My bad.

IMO moving Burke to Apostolic Signature is an example of promoting out.

The same happened with Cardinal Law......

Burke is now in charge of the marriage tribunal of last resort. Usually by the third appeal who cares anyway?

Cardinal Law is basically in charge of a tourist site but his title is something like Prefect for the Basilllica of St. Maria Maior

Reuters has a tradition of Catholic sensationalism.

It is often kind of like saying Lord Smith of West Sexon of the Upper House of Lords has a scathing critique of Sarah Palin...

you would almost think that the title gave the person more creditbility when in fact the guy is a bartender with an inherited title.

To be honest that one has been tempting me all day. He isn't worth it. I can catch his posts when I listen to Rush at lunch.

Oh he's not THAT bad...he's easy to ignore without the need to block. I save blocking for the truly dense. Even SD Jarhead isn't blocked ... just goes to show you how tolerant I am.

:lol:

Oh he's not THAT bad...he's easy to ignore without the need to block. I save blocking for the truly dense. Even SD Jarhead isn't blocked ... just goes to show you how tolerant I am.

:lol:

Hey, if you haven't blocked me, you haven't blocked anyone.

People always complain when I abuse you lefties..."How come you never do that to righties like Wacka??? That's unfair!!!" Well...perhaps it is, but there's good reason. Unlike you brain-damaged raving idiot lefties, the brain-damaged raving idiot righties are simply easier to ignore. :beer:

People always complain when I abuse you lefties..."How come you never do that to righties like Wacka??? That's unfair!!!" Well...perhaps it is, but there's good reason. Unlike you brain-damaged raving idiot lefties, the brain-damaged raving idiot righties are simply easier to ignore. :lol:

That is the best explanation I have ever heard from you.

Me being one of those people...the one's who question you. Brain damaged sure I grant you, but not far right or left.

People always complain when I abuse you lefties..."How come you never do that to righties like Wacka??? That's unfair!!!" Well...perhaps it is, but there's good reason. Unlike you brain-damaged raving idiot lefties, the brain-damaged raving idiot righties are simply easier to ignore. :lol:

You're harmless and sometimes even make sense.

I do block two people. You can probably figure out which ones because I am sure they try to bait me and you'll see I don't respond...not because I can't but because they are miserable, moronic nitwits who I don't care to bother with.

That is the best explanation I have ever heard from you.

Me being one of those people...

:lol::beer:

Thank you. :wacko:

It really just came to me today, in this thread, with Wacka's post. I read it and was thinking to myself "If this came from a Democratic shill, I'd be slamming them for it. How come I'm not slamming him? Am I really a closet Republican?" After much soul-searching...I realized that I just don't give a sh-- about the right's message.

So when I heap abuse on you, just remember...it's because I care. :blink:

Not you, though, Debbie. Evil B word snake woman.

Thank you. :blink:

It really just came to me today, in this thread, with Wacka's post. I read it and was thinking to myself "If this came from a Democratic shill, I'd be slamming them for it. How come I'm not slamming him? Am I really a closet Republican?" After much soul-searching...I realized that I just don't give a sh-- about the right's message.

So when I heap abuse on you, just remember...it's because I care. :beer:

Not you, though, Debbie. Evil B word snake woman.

Thenk you berry mush. :lol:

My point was that when people bring up that Palin is 2nd in line the retort from the repubs (not conservatives necessarily, just lemmings that follow the party, see wacka for an example) is oh yeah? Well Pelosi is 3rd in line and she scares me more. Pathetic point IMO.

She's third in line ONLY IF the President and Vice President are incapcitated or killed AT THE SAME TIME. If just one of them falls, there is a process to replace the other, so Pelosi becoming president is a huge longshot.

She's third in line ONLY IF the President and Vice President are incapcitated or killed AT THE SAME TIME. If just one of them falls, there is a process to replace the other, so Pelosi becoming president is a huge longshot.

It obviously is more of a longshot than Chaney becoming President, and much less of one than Byrd becoming President; but should the President go down, the new President and VP are not sworn in on the same day. To go through the procedure of the new President picking a VP will take a couple of weeks to a month; if something happens to the (new) President in the interim then it's (God forbid) "hello Madam President".

That we haven't had any House Majority Leader sworn in as President due to incapacitation of the top 2 men is proof that it doesn't happen often and is a "huge longshot." That the majority party in the House chose her as their leader is amazingly sad regardless of whether she will ever hear the band play "Hail to the Chief."