I'm A Member Of 'Party of Death!'

http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2008/1...party-of-death/

Vatican officials seldom single out political leaders who differ with the Church on issues like abortion rights or embryonic stem cell research. But now that the Vatican’s highest court is led by an American, the former St. Louis Archbishop Raymond Burke, we can expect things to get more explicit in Vatican City — at least when when it comes to U.S. politics.

Burke, who was named prefect of the Vatican’s Supreme Court of the Apostolic Signature in June, told the Italian Catholic newspaper Avvenire that the U.S. Democratic Party risked “transforming itself definitively into a party of death for its decisions on bioethical issues.” He then attacked two of the party’s most high profile Catholics — vice presidential candidate Joe Biden and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi — for misrepresenting Church teaching on abortion.

He said Biden and Pelosi, “while presenting themselves as good Catholics, have presented Church doctrine on abortion in a false and tendentious way.”

Pelosi drew U.S. bishops’

So what. The Pope was a Nazi. Lets not even discuss the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, etc. And before everyone freaks, I'm Catholic.

When Jesus comes back, as He will, the santimonious fools running the Catholic Church will have cause to regret it. I am not talking about the nuns, priests and lay people who do all the work, I'm talking about those who govern.

It's sort of a common thread isn't it? Absolute power....etc.

So what. The Pope was a Nazi. Lets not even discuss the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, etc. And before everyone freaks, I'm Catholic.

When Jesus comes back, as He will, the santimonious fools running the Catholic Church will have cause to regret it. I am not talking about the nuns, priests and lay people who do all the work, I'm talking about those who govern.

I thought priests were lay people.

And you want to grant more power to politicians?

:sick:

Let's be fair: the Pope was Hitler Jugend. It does make him a Nazi, but not by choice.

I haven't seen what Biden professes, but how is claiming that Pelosi misrepresents Catholic doctrine anything but fact? The woman was on MtP and flat out stated that the Catholic church is undecided on when life begins and has been for hundreds of years. If she truly believes that, the San Francisco Diocese is further out than I'd have imagined.

Of course, in fairness to her, in that same interview she stated that natural gas was neither a fossil fuel nor did it need to be obtained by drilling. I assume she plans on catalyzing a whole lot of cows in the near future to obtain the increased natural gas production she favors because that's the only other way I can think of to obtain it w/out drilling for the fossil fuel version of it.

People worry about Palin potentially being 1 heartbeat shy of the Presidency. I can't honestly say I'm impressed that Pelosi IS 2 heartbeats away from it.

I haven't seen what Biden professes, but how is claiming that Pelosi misrepresents Catholic doctrine anything but fact? The woman was on MtP and flat out stated that the Catholic church is undecided on when life begins and has been for hundreds of years. If she truly believes that, the San Francisco Diocese is further out than I'd have imagined.

Of course, in fairness to her, in that same interview she stated that natural gas was neither a fossil fuel nor did it need to be obtained by drilling. I assume she plans on catalyzing a whole lot of cows in the near future to obtain the increased natural gas production she favors because that's the only other way I can think of to obtain it w/out drilling for the fossil fuel version of it.

People worry about Palin potentially being 1 heartbeat shy of the Presidency. I can't honestly say I'm impressed that Pelosi IS 2 heartbeats away from it.

Refresh my memory. Who is 3rd? 4th? um 12th? damn

Pelosi is the worst liberal on the planet. I hate Obama but I would vote for him hands down over Pelosi. The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia could fall into the ocean and my only wish would be Pelosi was at home when it does.

WOW! We got some people who don't know anything about Catholics and bash them...Must be voting for Obama!

Are the altar boys considered the lay people?

I thought it was the priests.

I would think the lay-or and lay-ee were both lay people. And I'm pretty sure the church is trying to stop this stuff so that there are no more lay people anyway.

What is meant by lay people?

Paragraph 31 of the dogmatic constitution Lumen Gentium:

The term laity is here understood to mean all the faithful except those in holy orders and those in the state of religious life specially approved by the Church. These faithful are by baptism made one body with Christ and are constituted among the People of God; they are in their own way made sharers in the priestly, prophetical, and kingly functions of Christ; and they carry out for their own part the mission of the whole Christian people in the Church and in the world.

It's true. Almost 1/2 of this country votes only on that one issue. Abortion and abortion alone is what decides how much of this country votes.

It's the straight up truth, abortion decides more votes than anything else in this country.

Sad but true.

It's true. Almost 1/2 of this country votes only on that one issue. Abortion and abortion alone is what decides how much of this country votes.

It's the straight up truth, abortion decides more votes than anything else in this country.

Not 1/2. But a lot do. Why, I don't know. The GOP have been pimping the issue hard for almost 30 years, have controlled the presidency for 20 of the last 28 years, have a majority on the court and abortion is still legal. And its going to stay that way. It's a wedge issue pure and simple

Refresh my memory. Who is 3rd? 4th? um 12th? damn

If you would do ,more than regurgitate dem talking points and read a bit it is:

Pres

VP

Speaker of the House (Pelosi)

President Pro-tempore of the Senate (Robert KKK Byrd)

and then the members of the Cabinet in the order the seats were added.

If a Cabinet member was born outside of the US (as the Secretaries of Commerce and Labor were), they are ineligible.

That is why at the State of the Union Speech, one cabinet member is absent and outside of the DC area.

If someone wiped out the Capitol, that person would be President.

It'd be easy enough for you to do a search on it if it's that important to you.

My point was that when people bring up that Palin is 2nd in line the retort from the repubs (not conservatives necessarily, just lemmings that follow the party, see wacka for an example) is oh yeah? Well Pelosi is 3rd in line and she scares me more. Pathetic point IMO.

If you would do ,more than regurgitate dem talking points and read a bit it is:

Pres

VP

Speaker of the House (Pelosi)

President Pro-tempore of the Senate (Robert KKK Byrd)

and then the members of the Cabinet in the order the seats were added.

If a Cabinet member was born outside of the US (as the Secretaries of Commerce and Labor were), they are ineligible.

That is why at the State of the Union Speech, one cabinet member is absent and outside of the DC area.

If someone wiped out the Capitol, that person would be President.

Moron

Are the altar boys considered the lay people?

I thought it was the priests.

I would think the lay-or and lay-ee were both lay people. And I'm pretty sure the church is trying to stop this stuff so that there are no more lay people anyway.

"Roman Catholicism

The laity comprises all the faithful who have not received Holy Orders, whether living in religious orders or in the world. In the past, the term lay priest was sometimes used to refer to a secular priest, a diocesan priest who is not a member of a religious order.

Paragraph 31 of the dogmatic constitution Lumen Gentium defines the laity as follows:

“ The term laity is here understood to mean all the faithful except those in holy orders and those in the state of religious life specially approved by the Church. These faithful are by baptism made one body with Christ and are constituted among the People of God; they are in their own way made sharers in the priestly, prophetical, and kingly functions of Christ; and they carry out for their own part the mission of the whole Christian people in the Church and in the world. "

Not 1/2. But a lot do. Why, I don't know. The GOP have been pimping the issue hard for almost 30 years, have controlled the presidency for 20 of the last 28 years, have a majority on the court and abortion is still legal. And its going to stay that way. It's a wedge issue pure and simple

As has the left. I know more than a few women who vote Democrat strictly because of reproductive rights.

It's a wedge issue...but it wedges both ways.