Dwight Adams sighting

Beerball

I'm guessing it's a misprint to state "former" scout for BB. Unless they're hiring him on a one off basis to check out some of the local college ball games.

Yeah, Dwight left on bad terms when Major Domo Donahoe was here, so I doubt the fences have been mended. It would be a big plus if Modrak were reaching out to get his draft insight, though.

Yeah, Dwight left on bad terms when Major Domo Donahoe was here, so I doubt the fences have been mended. It would be a big plus if Modrak were reaching out to get his draft insight, though.

His beef was with :worthy: He had nothing but praise for Levy & Wilson, and was angling to return when the regime changed.

Adams had a lot of great quotes. I remember one year, I think it was the year we drafted Moulds. Everone thought we would take Leeland McElroy the RB from Texas A&M. Adams said he was a high knee runner. When they asked what was wrong with "high knee" runners, He said, and I quote, "They are like dogs that chase cars.....They don't last very long".

He described some other player as "playing like his hair's on fire". He was funny, and very colorful.

Adams had a lot of great quotes. I remember one year, I think it was the year we drafted Moulds. Everone thought we would take Leeland McElroy the RB from Texas A&M. Adams said he was a high knee runner. When they asked what was wrong with "high knee" runners, He said, and I quote, "They are like dogs that chase cars.....They don't last very long".

He described some other player as "playing like his hair's on fire". He was funny, and very colorful.

I'm fortunate to know Dwight. He is a great guy. Because I moved from Arkansas, it's been several years since I've seen him, unfortunately. But one of my greatest thrills was when he invited me to join some of our coaches at the school I worked for (which is my alma mater, and Dwight's as well) to come to training camp in '97. We stayed in the same dorm as the players, ate in the cafeteria with them, got to attend team meetings and had full access to just about anything.