Orchard Park High School Football

PearlHowardman

The NFHS/LaSalle merger has really created a basketball monster.

Yep. LaSalle was already a powerhouse before the merger and beat up on NFHS regularly, but combining the two has worked out pretty much the way everyone thought it would. I cannot imagine the talent pool the coaching staff gets to pick from.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. LaSalle was already a powerhouse before the merger and beat up on NFHS regularly, but combining the two has worked out pretty much the way everyone thought it would. I cannot imagine the talent pool the coaching staff gets to pick from.

I think people are actually transferring into NFHS, instead of away from it, now. I think most of the recent "stars" of the team are from the area of the old NFHS. In years past, they would find a way to go to LaSalle (who had a great coach, I believe). I think kids with talent from the surrounding areas may be looking at NFHS as a school to go to, as they play in national tournaments that get a lot of exposure.

Speaking of hot-shot high school basketball players, I wonder how Nervous Boy is doing, this season.

I think people are actually transferring into NFHS, instead of away from it, now. I think most of the recent "stars" of the team are from the area of the old NFHS. In years past, they would find a way to go to LaSalle (who had a great coach, I believe). I think kids with talent from the surrounding areas may be looking at NFHS as a school to go to, as they play in national tournaments that get a lot of exposure.

Speaking of hot-shot high school basketball players, I wonder how Nervous Boy is doing, this season.

The old LaSalle coach was Pat Monti. I heard he was quick ticked when he wasn't offered the job as the coach for the new NFHS team, and he even took the coaching job at Niagara Catholic for a while. I think he's down in Florida now.

Rumor I heard was that guys from the old NFHS area were "recruited" to play at LaSalle instead of NFHS - they were supposedly told that if the player told the admin he wanted to transfer to LaSalle to take auto shop or one of the other classes that LaSalle offered and NFHS didn't, then the administration had to approve the transfer. I don't know how true any of that was, but that was what I heard when I went to LaSalle.

The old LaSalle coach was Pat Monti. I heard he was quick ticked when he wasn't offered the job as the coach for the new NFHS team, and he even took the coaching job at Niagara Catholic for a while. I think he's down in Florida now.

Rumor I heard was that guys from the old NFHS area were "recruited" to play at LaSalle instead of NFHS - they were supposedly told that if the player told the admin he wanted to transfer to LaSalle to take auto shop or one of the other classes that LaSalle offered and NFHS didn't, then the administration had to approve the transfer. I don't know how true any of that was, but that was what I heard when I went to LaSalle.

That is basically what I heard, too.

I'd like to see Orchard Park up against some of the bigger high schools in central PA. People around Harrisburg, York and Lancaster would be in for a rude awakening when the Quakers beat them on their home turf.

Not sure that's saying much, since only one District 3 Quad-A team has ever won a PIAA championship.

Haven't seen them this season, but IMHO, previous OP teams would NOT match up against the WPIAL.

I don't think anyone expects you to cheer for your rival, but a little respect for their improvement, might make you seem less of an ass.

hole!

Now I can rub it in! How was the last year for all those Seniors graduating, huh? NOT EVEN A PLAYOFF GAME!

Just another chapter...............

hole!

Now I can rub it in! How was the last year for all those Seniors graduating, huh? NOT EVEN A PLAYOFF GAME!

Just another chapter...............

Wow . . .you are so much better than me because the high school that you went to plays better football than the one my son goes to . . . I guess I'll go beat my wife and dog now, cuz I'm such a loser.

Wow . . .you are so much better than me because the high school that you went to plays better football than the one my son goes to . . . I guess I'll go beat my wife and dog now, cuz I'm such a loser.

Loser yes, but nobody said anything about "me" being better, or about "me" playing for OP. However, when you come with the "^%$& OP" quote, you probably do beat the dog and wife, and with only typewriter muscles, you probably came out on the losing end (at least with the wife, maybe not the chiuaua). You should really get that rash looked at. Lay low and air it out Grunt.

Heck, then you might even change your name to "Hum" or "Whistle!"

Loser yes, but nobody said anything about "me" being better, or about "me" playing for OP. However, when you come with the "^%$& OP" quote, you probably do beat the dog and wife, and with only typewriter muscles, you probably came out on the losing end (at least with the wife, maybe not the chiuaua). You should really get that rash looked at. Lay low and air it out Grunt.

Heck, then you might even change your name to "Hum" or "Whistle!"

Wow, and you accuse me of typewriter muscles?

Thanks for making it to the ignore list, hotshot . . . As I used to say to studuents, act your age, not your IQ.

Wow, and you accuse me of typewriter muscles?

Thanks for making it to the ignore list, hotshot . . . As I used to say to studuents, act your age, not your IQ.

Practice What you preach Teach.......

Your "*@ OP" quote ranks at about 8th grade.

Good luck in the consolation game.

• 3 weeks later...
Seems not only are our Buffalo Bills in the top 3-4 teams in Pro rankings but the Orchard Park Quakers High School football team in New York's top 2!

Football

2008 NYSSWA rankings (through Sept. 29)

Rank Class AA Record

===== =====================

1. West Genesee 4-0 (Syracuse area)

2. Orchard Park 4-0 (Buffalo Bills back yard)

3. Gates Chili 4-0 (Rochester area)

So, here's to a New York State Class 'AA' championship for the Orchard Park Quakers High School football team and Super Bowl Championship for the Buffalo Bills.

Orchard Park 34 Gates-Chili 12. 2 games away from a state championship! A lot of Orchard Park players wore something Yellow to honor former O.P. student Lindsey Matthews who pass away this week. Pure Class. And also a thank you to TW cable for telecasting the games from UB stadium. Your local sportsbroadcasting has been lacking but seems to have turned a corner. NOW do a Bills post game show with live reports from the Ralph.

Orchard Park 34 Gates-Chili 12. 2 games away from a state championship! A lot of Orchard Park players wore something Yellow to honor former O.P. student Lindsey Matthews who pass away this week. Pure Class. And also a thank you to TW cable for telecasting the games from UB stadium. Your local sportsbroadcasting has been lacking but seems to have turned a corner. NOW do a Bills post game show with live reports from the Ralph.

Followed the game on the Prep Talk blog. No contest. Sounds like it would be tough for anyone to stop both Hoppy and Tundo.

And btw, if you want to follow along, Keith McShea kicks ass on live-blogging games. Here's the one in question:

http://buffalonews.typepad.com/preptalk/20...from-the-8.html

[/shameless plug]

And sorry to hear about the OP student passing away, Hammer.

:lol:

the top of the bigger WPIAL schools.

Well, yeah. Isn't OP in Class AA, the largest NYSPHSAA division?

Their classification number is 1289 this year. (Assuming that includes both boys and girls.) The PIAA only uses male enrollment for its football classes, so OP's number roughly compares with Gateway (609), McKeesport (545), and Bethel Park (692), all Quad-A WPIAL schools ranked in the top five statewide. The Gators are currently No. 1, with four kids already committed to D-1 schools (including two to Ohio State) and five others being recruited.