Cards WR Boldin Likely Out Sunday

Im most glad he wasnt seriously injured.

That he's unlikely to play Sunday is a big help with McGee our most physical DB also likely to be out. Our odds of winning just went up because with all their WRs, Cards may have been able to outscore us.

"Update: Boldin (head) made a brief appearance at the Cardinals’ facility on Tuesday, the Cardinals’ official site reports.

Recommendation: His jaw was a bit swollen and he may have undergone some recent dental work. Overall, the fact that Boldin is walking around two days after being knocked unconscious by a vicious hit is a great sign. He still needs to undergo more medical tests, chiefly to determine whether or not he sustained a concussion. This article makes the same guess we did earlier—Boldin is unlikely to play in Week 5, but that is not official."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=roto...mp;type=fantasy

I am glad to hear this. First because the dude needs to let his head heal. Can you imagine Donte cleaning his clock after having his brain sloshed last week. Secondly because we need every advantage we can get. This game is going to be the toughest one yet. It is hard to believe we could actually be 5-0. All Bills fans understand how amazing that would be at this point in the season.

Go Bills

If he is healthy to play, I WANT him to play. For the same reason I'm sorry Brady went down. I want to play the best, to beat the best. It's annoying to hear "oh well they beat a Boldin-less Cardinals squad". I hope he's ready to go so he can get hit again, and the Cards can be put in their place. People who disagree with this philosophy are like Dallas Stars fans that are happy they won a cup illegitimately (maybe a little bit of an exaggeration, but still not far off).

If he is healthy to play, I WANT him to play. For the same reason I'm sorry Brady went down. I want to play the best, to beat the best. It's annoying to hear "oh well they beat a Boldin-less Cardinals squad". I hope he's ready to go so he can get hit again, and the Cards can be put in their place. People who disagree with this philosophy are like Dallas Stars fans that are happy they won a cup illegitimately (maybe a little bit of an exaggeration, but still not far off).

I won't argue with you it would be better to beat a stronger team. I still don't want him to play for medical reasons. I don't want anyone to suffer the same fate as Mohammad Ali.

I won't argue with you it would be better to beat a stronger team. I still don't want him to play for medical reasons. I don't want anyone to suffer the same fate as Mohammad Ali.

That's fine. After having three concussions in hockey, after the first one, I was seriously ill for about three days, but after that my body hopped up to it, and I felt 100%. It progressively gets worse, but honestly, if it's his first concussion, and he's back to normal, I can't say that waiting does anything at all. Then again many doctors prefer to wait, but that could be to save their own ass, or because it's not the athlete's first one. All I know is that he probably will be able to play, and if he's 100%, I hope he does.

I totally agree with you. I wanted the Bills to play against a Brady-led Patriots team and defeat them -- our best against their best.

Screw it.. injuries are a part of the game. No team was sad they beat us last year with all our injuries... I wont be sad if Boldin sits and we have to face a "weaker" team.. as for Brady & the pats*... too bad, so sad.

I for one am enjoying the shakeups in the league this year. There is a real shift in the league with regards to the teams on the way up and those who are on the way down. It's been a great season and we are only 1/4 in!

A win is a win, you beat the team on the field that day - nothing more, nothing less.

B.

Screw it.. injuries are a part of the game. No team was sad they beat us last year with all our injuries... I wont be sad if Boldin sits and we have to face a "weaker" team.. as for Brady & the pats*... too bad, so sad.

I for one am enjoying the shakeups in the league this year. There is a real shift in the league with regards to the teams on the way up and those who are on the way down. It's been a great season and we are only 1/4 in!

A win is a win, you beat the team on the field that day - nothing more, nothing less.

B.

Truuuuuuuuue!

B.

:thumbsup:

Update from today's injury report:

Buffalo has only Derek Fine and Roscoe Parrish listed as out. (And we already knew both wouldn't play this week.) Everybody else (McGee, Schobel, and Stroud) is merely listed as "did not practice."

Arizona lists nobody as out, even though we know Bertrand Berry will miss the game with a torn groin muscle.

Here's their full list:

DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE

Wednesday

DE Bert Berry (groin), WR Anquan Boldin (head), TE Jerame Tuman (hamstring), S Adrian Wilson (hamstring)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE

Wednesday

DT Darnell Dockett (hamstring), TE Leonard Pope (ankle)

FULL PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE

Wednesday - DT Gabe Watson (knee)

B.

You're right! I'm sure the Patsies were not saying to themselves last year that they wish they had played Buffalo without half their roster on IR. I retract my earlier remark. I think my main regret is that the Bills won't have the same opportunity the Chiefs had to put Brady out.

Update from today's injury report:

Buffalo has only Derek Fine and Roscoe Parrish listed as out. (And we already knew both wouldn't play this week.) Everybody else (McGee, Schobel, and Stroud) is merely listed as "did not practice."

Arizona lists nobody as out, even though we know Bertrand Berry will miss the game with a torn groin muscle.

Here's their full list:

DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE

Wednesday

DE Bert Berry (groin), WR Anquan Boldin (head), TE Jerame Tuman (hamstring), S Adrian Wilson (hamstring)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE

Wednesday

DT Darnell Dockett (hamstring), TE Leonard Pope (ankle)

FULL PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE

Wednesday - DT Gabe Watson (knee)

The Cards being without Wilson would be big. He's a Pro Bowler.

And I still think it would dumb if Boldin didn't sit this one out, even if the brain scan looks the same as his previous one. But hey, no one every said football players were smart.

Wilson, still on the mend from an Achilles tendon tear, was inactive last week with a balky hamstring. Aaron Francisco replaced him in the starting lineup. Think Favre noticed the difference?

Wilson, still on the mend from an Achilles tendon tear, was inactive last week with a balky hamstring. Aaron Francisco replaced him in the starting lineup. Think Favre noticed the difference?

Just a bit. And I did know that Wilson missed last weekend's game against the Jets. I remember reading that and thinking that Favre would have a big day, but not as big as he had. Oh and Antrel Rolle is horrible.

B.

I agree. In addition, play-offs are not determined by the "quality of the win". Our record did not get bumped up to 12-4 last year because we lost games while short handed due to injuries. Nor will it be lowered at the end of the year for beating teams not at full strength. Just get the win and move on.

Not only will I raise you and say that until he was hurt last year he'd been the best safety in the game for about 5 years running, I'll go all in and say he's one of the greatest football players I've ever seen in my life. :thumbsup: