Conservatives don't dare question Palin's choice

WASHINGTON -- Allow me to introduce myself. I am a traitor and an idiot. Also, my mother should have aborted me and left me in a dumpster, but since she didn't, I should "off" myself.

Those are just a few nuggets randomly selected from thousands of e-mails written in response to my column suggesting that Sarah Palin is out of her league and should step down. Who says public discourse hasn't deteriorated?

The fierce reaction to my column has been both bracing and enlightening. After 20 years of column writing, I'm familiar with angry mail. But the past few days have produced responses of a different order. Not just angry, but vicious and threatening.

I'm sure it is coincidence that, upon the Palin column's publication, a conservative organization suddenly canceled a speech I was scheduled to deliver in a few days. If I were as paranoid as the conspiracy theorists are, I might wonder whether I was being punished for speaking incorrectly.

Unfortunately, that's the way one begins to think when party loyalty is given a higher value than loyalty to bedrock principles.

http://townhall.com/columnists/KathleenPar...ld_a_big_bunker

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

-- Mark Twain

Consider Barack Obama:

- 130 "Present" votes in the Illinois State Legislature. Do posters here know why Obama voted "Present" 130 times? Seriously, do people here know why a legislator in the Illinois State Legislature votes "Present"?

- 150 days as a US Senator before deciding to run for President.

- Campaign slogan is "Change We Can Believe In" but has no record of "change" anywhere in his (short) political career. Seriously, is his campaign slogan "Change We Can Believe In" a case of false advertising? I think it might be.

- While in the US Senate Obama does have his first opportunity to "change" something - the course of the war in Iraq - by supporting the Surge. However, Obama balks and that habit to vote "Present" took over. Nearest thing to "Present" was "nay", and Obama voted against the Surge!

Obama's vote against the Surge was (is) wrong. His one opportunity for "change" and he blew it!! So, not only is Obama NOT change, but it appears that he's the OPPOSITE of change!

- Secures the 2008 Democratic Presidential nomination and selects as his VP running mate Joe Biden. Biden is someone who said at least three (3) times that Obama wasn't ready to be President. Biden even said that Obama would need "on the job training" if Obama became President. And, no, they weren't gaffes.

Clearly, Joe Biden really doesn't think too highly of Barack Obama's competence.

- His new VP running mate Joe Biden said to a large group of people that perhaps Obama should have selected Hillary Clinton to be his running mate instead of Joe Biden. And, again, this was not a gaffe.

Now Biden is questioning Obama's judgment.

- First day of the Wall Street financial meltdown Obama flies to Hollywood to have a $30,000.00 per plate (correct me if I am wrong but whatever the figure was it was HUGE) fund raiser with Hollywood stars like Barbara Streisand, etc.

- During the biggest government bailout Obama is so irrelevant that he has very little to do with a $700 billion negotiations other than to say "call me if you need me."

Analysis:

You see, Obama is naked. Politically naked. He has no experience, no legislative accomplishments, no leadership skills, and NO good judgment. But his handlers are doing a great job of covering it up, and the MSM is pretty complicit, as well.

Obama has no (political) clothes. He is politically naked and should have no influence on society.

As soon as the McCain campaign wakes up and sees Barack Obama for the naked, empty suit that he is, the sooner they will treat him as such and dispense with him - anon!

Emperor Obama has no clothes.

Barack Obama is just the person that Mark Twain was talking about!

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/

WASHINGTON -- A young up-and-coming senator from Illinois just spoke to a fairly packed Senate chamber, holding lawmakers, staff and the spectators alike enthralled. This guy gives a pretty good speech; he might have a future in national politics. Keep an eye on him -- his name is Barry something?

It would be hard for Barack Obama to have asked for a much more enthusiastic homecoming to the Senate than he got today -- at least from his Democratic colleagues, who flocked to the floor to hear his speech on the Wall Street bailout. Florida's Bill Nelson sat watching Obama with a rapturous grin on his face. High school-age pages sat on the steps of the Senate lectern, far closer to Obama than the Secret Service would ever usually let anyone who hasn't been patted down, background-checked and watched closely at all times by heavily armed agents. He was swarmed after he finished talking; Vermont's Bernie Sanders gave him a hug, and they seemed to be talking about Brooklyn (it sounded, from the press gallery, like Sanders at one point said to Obama, "Hey, I'm from Flatbush").

When Obama ran over his allotted time, he made the standard request, using Senate rules, to ask "unanimous consent" for a few more minutes. Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd jumped to the mic. "I'd ask consent that he have as much time as he'd like," Dodd asked, as the parliamentary procedure nerds in the chamber (read: the lawmakers, the staff and the press corps) laughed at what passed for a witty way of phrasing the request.

Republicans were a little less enthusiastic. Or you can assume they were -- most of them weren't in the Senate chamber to hear Obama speak. Pete Domenici of New Mexico toddled out the back door mid-speech. Jim DeMint, a far-right conservative from South Carolina who spoke immediately after Obama finished, sat watching from across the floor, and Alabama's Jeff Sessions wandered in at one point, but otherwise, the GOP caucus seemed to be deliberately staying away.