"An American Carol"

stuckincincy

Looks funny. i will certainly watch it. I can laugh at parodies of anything, if they are funny.

But, you know that, if this were a parody of Rush, or O'Reilly, Cincy wouldn't have posted it.

Religulous is released this week too, isn't it? I guess Cincy missed that one. Let's see which movie does better?

PTR

Dean I have the same attitude as you. I'm more conservative politically....but I think Michael Moore is a very talented film maker. Love his stuff.

I actually have mixed feelings about Moore. I think some of his stuff is first rate, but have a problem with his style in general. His TV show was horrible, IMO. He is a perfect target for a parody, though.

As Promo notes, Religious is also do out, and I like Maher, for the most part. Anything that mocks religion is OK by me! And, I spoke with God (well, I talked with her son, a Mexican kid, I'm guessing, based on his name) and she said that making fun of her is exactly what we should be doing.

I actually have mixed feelings about Moore. I think some of his stuff is first rate, but have a problem with his style in general. His TV show was horrible, IMO. He is a perfect target for a parody, though.

As Promo notes, Religious is also do out, and I like Maher, for the most part. Anything that mocks religion is OK by me! And, I spoke with God (well, I talked with her son, a Mexican kid, I'm guessing, based on his name) and she said that making fun of her is exactly what we should be doing.

Roger and Me was brilliant. Hilarious and touching as well. OK...very loose fact -wise---but the guy is a liberal... What do you expect?

Roger and Me was brilliant. Hilarious and touching as well. OK...very loose fact -wise---but the guy is a liberal... What do you expect?

:thumbsup:

Yes, I really like Roger and Me.

How about this one, Cincy? This looks like a hoot:

http://wthefilm.com/

Go for it. That Oliver Stone - he's the best! :thumbsup:

I didn't realize initially, that this American Carol is from the same fellow that brought us Airplane! and Naked Gun.

I always appreciate a good spoof or send-up.

Did you ever see Thank You For Smoking. ?

Go for it. That Oliver Stone - he's the best! :thumbsup:

I didn't realize initially, that this American Carol is from the same fellow that brought us Airplane! and Naked Gun.

I always appreciate a good spoof or send-up.

Did you ever see Thank You For Smoking. ?

I loved Thank You for Smoking.

I saw the trailer for Religulous and I'm sure it will be funny for some and others will just avoid it.

What I find odd about the movie is that the plot is made out as Maher making this film so he can understand certain religions.

Yet when I saw the trailer, I was wondering just how much Maher was trying to "understand" these religions. If he were serious about it, then you would have an interesting film, but this is mostly for laughs.

What happened to all the conservative support? Literally beaten by a dog.

“Beverly Hills Chihuahua” was barking up the right tree with movie-goers, who put the Disney comedy at No. 1 for the weekend with a $29 million debut, according to studio estimates Sunday.

Vivendi Entertainment’s “An American Carol,” a satire of Hollywood’s liberal politics from director David Zucker (“Airplane!”), debuted at No. 9 with $3.8 million.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27036724/

I actually want to see that, to see how Oliver Stone skewers W.

Remember, I'm a Republican. I had such high hopes. I'm very disappointed with what has occurred under his watch.

Yeah Im in the same camp as you. It just gets annoying when liberals think they are being original and use GW as an excuse for every problem in their lives. OK Bush sucked--we get it. Now come up with some real ideas of your own.

Yeah Im in the same camp as you. It just gets annoying when liberals think they are being original and use GW as an excuse for every problem in their lives. OK Bush sucked--we get it. Now come up with some real ideas of your own.

Bush campaigned in 2000 as an "Washington outsider." You see a difference on how McCain is campaigning? You see a difference between Bush and Palin?... They seem to have been separated at birth? Just saying... The "Republican well" is poisoned... Now a "maverick" of all things is saying he is different... ;)

I remember burro packing in the Rocky Mountains when I was Boy Scout... You know the difference between a horse (ex: maverick) and a donkey? Besides the donkey being equally if not stronger. A horse will drink poisoned water... Over and over, no matter how much breeding is done. You can lead that horse and they most likely will drink! Be damned with the old saying. The horse never learns. A burro/donkey won't touch the crap, loco agua even if it is dying of thirst. Follow the burro, not the horse if you need to find a safe water supply!

Nice analogy, huh? :lol: