Moderator of VP Debate

Wow. Once this thing unravels and gets mainstream press it's going to be huge. It turns out that Jim Lehrer, the moderator of the first debate, has a brand new book coming out in March 2009 that is totally pro-McCain!

Nice try! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We need someone here to write a book about TSW....Hog Boy??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"We're very lazy when we think about race in this country," Ifill says. "We try to put it in a box. It's Jesse versus Al, or Jesse and Al versus everyone else," she says, referring to Jackson and Sharpton. "We love simplistic conflict.

Why confine the argument to race? the general public are lazy about thinking in general.

Hence, television....

Ifill is clearly in the tank for Obama, and this pro-Obama book is proof positive, especially if this afternoon's revelation turns out to be true.

Apparently, Ifill hasn't even written the one chapter that is on Obama yet. :thumbsup:

Ifill said Obama's story, which she has yet to write, is only a small part of the book, which discusses how politics in the black community have changed since the civil rights era. Among those subjects is Colin Powell, secretary of state in the Bush administration.

Ifill is clearly in the tank for Obama, and this pro-Obama book is proof positive, especially if this afternoon's revelation turns out to be true.

Apparently, Ifill hasn't even written the one chapter that is on Obama yet. :thumbsup:

Don't confuse us with facts or a good Republican Fux Spews character assassination. Please. Sounds like PBS wanted its anchors to write serious academic style dissertations one recent political trends.

McCain himself said she is very professional and would be very objective. I don't get what the problem is.

There isn't a problem. People are trying to get the standards relaxed in case their person does bad, which there is a good chance of on both sides.

I expect:

Palin blabbering idiocy for 45 mins.

Biden getting so pissed at that blabbering idiocy that he says something sexist.

There isn't a problem. People are trying to get the standards relaxed in case their person does bad, which there is a good chance of on both sides.

I expect:

Palin blabbering idiocy for 45 mins.

Biden getting so pissed at that blabbering idiocy that he says something sexist.

I don't see that happening. Biden's debate prep team is pretty good. They have plenty of tape from Palin's debates in Alaska. And, most importantly, Biden isn't cramming for a final exam like Palin is. His debate prep is most-likely how to NOT look like he's being sexist. The question should be, who's going to be more prepared in the areas they need to do well in? Will it be easier for Biden to just hammer away at McCain and not confront Palin? Or will Palin be able to form coherent senteces and not look like a moron? I'd say Biden has the easier job, really.

I don't see that happening. Biden's debate prep team is pretty good. They have plenty of tape from Palin's debates in Alaska. And, most importantly, Biden isn't cramming for a final exam like Palin is. His debate prep is most-likely how to NOT look like he's being sexist. The question should be, who's going to be more prepared in the areas they need to do well in? Will it be easier for Biden to just hammer away at McCain and not confront Palin? Or will Palin be able to form coherent senteces and not look like a moron? I'd say Biden has the easier job, really.

I agree w everything you said, but I think Biden's the kind of guy that just can't help himself. A slip of the tongue remark, or maybe even an unintentional euphemism (lipstick on a pig?! OMG !!11!one!!) could ruin the whole debate for him.

I agree w everything you said, but I think Biden's the kind of guy that just can't help himself. A slip of the tongue remark, or maybe even an unintentional euphemism (lipstick on a pig?! OMG !!11!one!!) could ruin the whole debate for him.

Keeping my fingers crossed that he will just attack McCain and promote Obama. Draw her out a bit, she'll kill her own debate.

News came out in August that she was writing this book. The book only contains one chapter on Obama, which hasn't even been written yet. I guess since she in black, and Obama is, you know, black, they have a secret handshake arrangement that it will be a positive chapter.

McCain himself said she is very professional and would be very objective. I don't get what the problem is.

Nor do I. Ifill is a fair person IMO, as the McCain camp noted. Perhaps she might have mentioned her writings - but no big deal to me.

The oft-vilified Bill O'Reilly could do the job as well - these things are pretty scripted in the first place, IMO.

In the end, the political impact is that Dems lose the "hey, she's a woman, so you can't call her sexist" argument and Reps gain the "Hey, she wrote an Obama book" argument. With it being out there now, I think it just forces her to be more careful, even a strange look towards Palin will get blown out of proportion. As a result, I think she'll stay out of it much like Leher (sp?) did, who I think was excellent.

I bet tomorrow it will have been a none issue due to the coverage on it. Should be entertaining!