Moderator of VP Debate

Really. This is an issue?

I do like how anti-Obama people are taking lawn signs in Maryland. Pretty funny.

I was in PA this weekend and saw a hand made sign at an intersection saying "An American voting for McCain is like a chicken voting for Col. Sanders."

You can tell PA is a battleground state as soon as you cross the border. Signs everywhere

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gwen broke her ankle earlier this week. Did the Repubs pull a Gillooly to try to get the debate delayed so Sarah had more cram time? Now they're throwing this out right before the debate to discredit the questioning. I thought both parties had to agree on the moderators. The Repubs must have vetted Gwen with the same group that vetted Palin.

Gwen broke her ankle earlier this week. Did the Repubs pull a Gillooly to try to get the debate delayed so Sarah had more cram time? Now they're throwing this out right before the debate to discredit the questioning. I thought both parties had to agree on the moderators. The Repubs must have vetted Gwen with the same group that vetted Palin.

The Republicans broke Gwen Ifill's ankle? :rolleyes:

You're an ass.

Forget whose moderating.........

What can possibly be gleened from a VP debate ?

Things I seem to remember: Lloyd Benson was a friend of Jack Kennedy....and that Dan Quayle would say a little prayer if George H.W. Bush was ever killed...but that is about it....and that Gerry Ferarro liked to take notes.

Things I seem to remember: Lloyd Benson was a friend of Jack Kennedy....and that Dan Quayle would say a little prayer if George H.W. Bush was ever killed...but that is about it....and that Gerry Ferarro liked to take notes.

If Palin does well I think its a boost to McCain and undermines her bad image as a blithering idiot. She's a drag on McCain right now and she can change that somewhat with a good performance

I'm only watching for entertainment value, myself.

Oh I don't know, we could have a Stockdale moment?

Perhaps she'll try to appeal to mothers with an "Awww" moment by offering Gwen some moose noodle soup and putting a pillow under her foot.

I am sure that both sides have already seen the questions and she's been in Sedona memorizing the stock answers that are heavy on God, moose, family, drilling, and something sarcastic.

Looks like it was known the book was going to come out when she was selected. Shame on McCain's camp for not looking into it, they shouldn't be able to criticize it now.

On the same token, shame on the committee for not informing both campaigns about it.

I don't think she should have to step down, but do think its fair if she mentions the book (why wouldn't she want to, millions will be watching) before the debate starts.

Still surprised its not in the MSM...even AP hasn't picked it up.

its all a plot to make sarah look bad, oh wait she already looks bad. So it must be a plot to set expectations low by claiming the deck is stacked. I am waiting for Biden or Gewnn to ask " what the hell did you just say" after she does her usual wondering on talking points. Maybe Sarah has been baiting everyone and is in seclusion just so it looks like she needs help and she is going to jump on bidens ass like white on rice.

Fox's Greta Van Susteren reports that the McCain campaign didn't know about it.

"I am stunned….the campaign (actually both) should have been told before the campaign agreed to have her moderate. It simply is not fair -- in law, this would create a mistrial."

But one didn't have to go the lengths of oppo research to find out about a book that was hiding in plain sight on Amazon and the Random house website.

Not to mention, Ifill discussed it with Howard Kurtz last month in the Washington Post, in the only profile she's done before the debate. (And I'd imagine someone in the campaign should have read it):

To the extent she can carve out any spare time, Ifill is working on a book called "Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama." She focuses on the Democratic nominee and such up-and-coming black politicians as Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick and Newark Mayor Cory Booker.

"We're very lazy when we think about race in this country," Ifill says. "We try to put it in a box. It's Jesse versus Al, or Jesse and Al versus everyone else," she says, referring to Jackson and Sharpton. "We love simplistic conflict. There's a whole group of people who have Ivy League degrees and immense accomplishments who actually benefited from the things their parents were fighting for."

Regardless, the story's getting major play on cable news, especially Fox.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/michaelcalde..._no_secret.html

Fox's Carl Cameron asked John McCain today if he thought that PBS journalist Gwen Ifill should recuse herself from moderating Thursday's VP debate in St. Louis.

"I think that Gwen Ifill is a professional, and I think she will do a totally objective job because she is a highly-respected professional," McCain said.