My Meaningless Opinion

R. Rich

Another slow start followed by some gutsy play down the stretch. It's tough to realize that for this year, the cliches can actually work for Bills fans. Meaning, it isn't over 'til it's over and there is still hope for the team to turn it 'round after a slow start. As a fan of this team for nearly 30 years, this is a very welcome and refreshing trend.

That Poznotchigazoaki kid, or however you say it, is a decent linebacker. He's still a work in progress, but he gives a great effort and pursues well. He can take poor angles @ times, but then again, so do the other 'backers. I don't happen to have a program or my media guide handy, so I can't recall their names. I know the one guy had some nice tackles for 5 yard gains though. Ironic, as so did the other guy who wore #59 before him.

James Hardy is having a brutal frosh campaign. He's trying hard, but maybe too hard. Better focus and maybe a bit more of a relaxed attitude could probably help him out so that he makes those clutch catches and can become the go to guy for Edwards in the red zone. Josh Reed continues to make clutch plays, which is odd 'cause I'm sure I read somewhere here 'bout how he sucks. Oh, and the guy who wants the big bucks? Nice couple of catches (Trent put the ball in near perfect position each time), but there's still a few lapses in concentration. Still, is this a sign that he's getting back to form? I hope so.

O line wise: the pass protection is still spotty, and the run blocking isn't great either. I'd love to see these big monsters just fire off the ball and take the D line back for 7 yards, which would allow Marshawn to get to the second level more often. Considering how well he runs w/ 5 D linemen on his back, how well do you think he'd do if he got past the line of scrimmage untouched? He's proven very tough to bring down and can make people miss in the open field too. I just wish I could see him get more of those chances.

Trent Edwards really looks like the real thing. As I said earlier, those throws to Evans were a thing of beauty. He's only going to get better in terms of blitz recognition. It's a better situation than the Bills have been in for quite a while.

We had a blast in St Louis. I only wish I could've met more TBDers before the game, but I was able to hang out a bit w/ Beerball (the wings @ that jazz club were awesome) and w/ Alaska Darin, his wife, and one of his good friends. Of course, I got to have nearly a week of vacation w/ my wife, Psycho Ward 86, which was easily the best part of the long weekend. Well, no travel for a weekend (thank God), so I can relax a bit and try to get caught up w/ my college football watching and reporting.

Oh yeah, so the Bills are 4-0, huh????

Hardy is a rookie WR and the book on him was poor route running. That is exactly what we have. He'll learn and he'll become b etter at reading defensives, but successful rookie WR are a rare breed in the NFL. Though the past few years have provided several examples, the reality is that they tend to struggle with the adjustment.

The Poz, OL and Trent comments seems dead on.

Another slow start followed by some gutsy play down the stretch. It's tough to realize that for this year, the cliches can actually work for Bills fans. Meaning, it isn't over 'til it's over and there is still hope for the team to turn it 'round after a slow start. As a fan of this team for nearly 30 years, this is a very welcome and refreshing trend.

That Poznotchigazoaki kid, or however you say it, is a decent linebacker. He's still a work in progress, but he gives a great effort and pursues well. He can take poor angles @ times, but then again, so do the other 'backers. I don't happen to have a program or my media guide handy, so I can't recall their names. I know the one guy had some nice tackles for 5 yard gains though. Ironic, as so did the other guy who wore #59 before him.

James Hardy is having a brutal frosh campaign. He's trying hard, but maybe too hard. Better focus and maybe a bit more of a relaxed attitude could probably help him out so that he makes those clutch catches and can become the go to guy for Edwards in the red zone. Josh Reed continues to make clutch plays, which is odd 'cause I'm sure I read somewhere here 'bout how he sucks. Oh, and the guy who wants the big bucks? Nice couple of catches (Trent put the ball in near perfect position each time), but there's still a few lapses in concentration. Still, is this a sign that he's getting back to form? I hope so.

O line wise: the pass protection is still spotty, and the run blocking isn't great either. I'd love to see these big monsters just fire off the ball and take the D line back for 7 yards, which would allow Marshawn to get to the second level more often. Considering how well he runs w/ 5 D linemen on his back, how well do you think he'd do if he got past the line of scrimmage untouched? He's proven very tough to bring down and can make people miss in the open field too. I just wish I could see him get more of those chances.

Trent Edwards really looks like the real thing. As I said earlier, those throws to Evans were a thing of beauty. He's only going to get better in terms of blitz recognition. It's a better situation than the Bills have been in for quite a while.

We had a blast in St Louis. I only wish I could've met more TBDers before the game, but I was able to hang out a bit w/ Beerball (the wings @ that jazz club were awesome) and w/ Alaska Darin, his wife, and one of his good friends. Of course, I got to have nearly a week of vacation w/ my wife, Psycho Ward 86, which was easily the best part of the long weekend. Well, no travel for a weekend (thank God), so I can relax a bit and try to get caught up w/ my college football watching and reporting.

Duff's the Saturday before the SD game would taste so much better with a 5-0 record in our pocket!

We had a blast in St Louis. I only wish I could've met more TBDers before the game, but I was able to hang out a bit w/ Beerball (the wings @ that jazz club were awesome) and w/ Alaska Darin, his wife, and one of his good friends.

Must be nice. I'm jealous. :lol:

What the heck am I freakin chopped liver?

Had a blast RR, thanks to you and Psycho for letting me tag along with you.

AD, AD's wife (hope you're feeling better...bad Beerball can't remember your name) and Rob...great meeting you!

The Bills fan turnout was outstanding...fun game...only one thing missing...no CL :rolleyes:

I do swear before all of you mooks though...I feel a home opener in my future...can't think of a better way to spend a weekend.

What the heck am I freakin chopped liver?

Not quite.

Had a blast RR, thanks to you and Psycho for letting me tag along with you.

Any time.

AD, AD's wife (hope you're feeling better...bad Beerball can't remember your name) and Rob...great meeting you!

Darin's wife is Belinda.

The Bills fan turnout was outstanding...fun game...only one thing missing...no CL :rolleyes:

Maybe next year.

I do swear before all of you mooks though...I feel a home opener in my future...can't think of a better way to spend a weekend.

We'll see.

Were you the ones who put the Psycho Ward 86 banner up at the Steelers/Ravens game that was shown on Monday Night Football?

My wife took her username from said sign, which has been hanging in that stadium since it opened. It was also hanging in Three Rivers Stadium prior to Heinz.