Obama Using Youth?

BillsNYC

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying that, politically I think this will get lots of press and will hurt Obama's campaign image. Look what a flag pin did.

You really think this will get lots of press? With everything that's going on with the economy and Iraq do you really think that this is going to be a huge story? That's crazy. I guess I'd be grasping at straws too if I was a Republican and my candidate was trailing in Ohio, Colorado, Iowa, New Mexico, Virginia, and Nevada while only running even in North Carolina and Florida.

You really think this will get lots of press? With everything that's going on with the economy and Iraq do you really think that this is going to be a huge story? That's crazy. I guess I'd be grasping at straws too if I was a Republican and my candidate was trailing in Ohio, Colorado, Iowa, New Mexico, Virginia, and Nevada while only running even in North Carolina and Florida.

I think it will....O'Reilly or Hannity will jump on it, then MSM will respond...It went from being a blurb on Fox News to the featured story of the website, which means it must be getting a ton of readers/reaction for that to happen.

I think as much as the kids issue...Jeff Zucker (head of NBC/MSNBC) having involvement is what's going to make this get coverage

I think it will....O'Reilly or Hannity will jump on it, then MSM will respond...It went from being a blurb on Fox News to the featured story of the website, which means it must be getting a ton of readers/reaction for that to happen.

Great, it will help McCain with his base, but there's only one problem- this election isn't a "base election" it's a "change election". McCain can't win by merely motivating his base. He needs independant voters and Democrats as well. Any independant voter is going to see this and think to themselves "This is frigging retarded, our economy is in shambles and McCain's worrying about some crappy kids video?". This "controversy" won't result in a single vote for McCain that he doesn't already have in the bag.

Great, it will help McCain with his base, but there's only one problem- this election isn't a "base election" it's a "change election". McCain can't win by merely motivating his base. He needs independant voters and Democrats as well. Any independant voter is going to see this and think to themselves "This is frigging retarded, our economy is in shambles and McCain's worrying about some crappy kids video?". This "controversy" won't result in a single vote for McCain that he doesn't already have in the bag.

That could be true and I'm not saying you're wrong. In my opinion though, there are plenty of independents out there (and Hillary supporters) who are not sold on Obama and are looking for an excuse not to vote for him. Its why Rev Wright, the flag pin, and the pledge were such big stories.

Let's be honest....the economy blows and Bush has done nothing to defend himself and never has. Obama should be killing McCain in the polls, this shouldn't even be a close race. But that's not what's happening, and if you listen to any of the pollsters its that Obama can't close the deal and people have doubts about him. Gallup said that they expect the race to tighten again after the economy bump Obama is in right now. All these issues I mentioned above do have an effect, even if we think they shouldn't. That's the drawback of Obama not being well known enough. Same goes for Palin.

Again, you can disagree, it's just what I see happening.

That could be true and I'm not saying you're wrong. In my opinion though, there are plenty of independents out there (and Hillary supporters) who are not sold on Obama and are looking for an excuse not to vote for him. Its why Rev Wright, the flag pin, and the pledge were such big stories.

Let's be honest....the economy blows and Bush has done nothing to defend himself and never has. Obama should be killing McCain in the polls, this shouldn't even be a close race. But that's not what's happening, and if you listen to any of the pollsters its that Obama can't close the deal and people have doubts about him. Gallup said that they expect the race to tighten again after the economy bump Obama is in right now. All these issues I mentioned above do have an effect, even if we think they shouldn't. That's the drawback of Obama not being well known enough. Same goes for Palin.

Again, you can disagree, it's just what I see happening.

What polls are you looking at?

Gallup and Rasmussen.

Obama has 6 point leads in both. He is also consistently polling ahead of McCain in Every Kerry State while leading in Iowa, New Mexico, Colorado, Virginia, and Ohio. He's even tied in Florida, North Carolina, and Indiana. If Obama wins every Kerry state and then only flips Iowa, New Mexico, and Colorado he wins the election. That's an awful lot of states McCain has to defend.

Obama has 6 point leads in both. He is also consistently polling ahead of McCain in Every Kerry State while leading in Iowa, New Mexico, Colorado, Virginia, and Ohio. He's even tied in Florida, North Carolina, and Indiana. If Obama wins every Kerry state and then only flips Iowa, New Mexico, and Colorado he wins the election. That's an awful lot of states McCain has to defend.

Gallup said when Obama hit 50 last week they were expecting it to fall back down after the economy bump which you started to see today, you should expect the same in the state polls which carry a lot more weight. Not arguing that McCain has an uphill climb, but it is doable. I think any state where a candidate doesn't have a double digit lead isn't safe on either side, we've already seen this election season how off the polls can be. Then you always have the unfortunate Bradley Effect, and the youth vote.

regardless, it was a stupid reference to make. That asinine video is disturbing/creepy enough to stand on it's own, yet you give people an opportunity to avoid addressing the video and instead address your characterization.

As Jonah Goldberg wrote today on NRO - all any of us need to know about your politics is what you think of that video.

And Bill sees Hitler Youth....so there you have it. :lol:

What do I see? I see mostly one of those school choral recitals where you have to tell the kids "great job" while the whole time you were praying for it to end.