Obama Using Youth?

BillsNYC

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax Francis, not saying he's Hitler in any sense. Just saying what I instantly thought when I saw it (and I'm sure voters will as well.)

It's a big issue using kids for propoganda, much like the liberal photographer who forced kids to cry to make an anti Bush ad in 2004. IMO, sinking to pretty low depths. Even more interesting is that NBC helped with the ad, but obviously not surprising.

Relax Francis, not saying he's Hitler in any sense. Just saying what I instantly thought when I saw it (and I'm sure voters will as well.)

It's a big issue using kids for propoganda, much like the liberal photographer who forced kids to cry to make an anti Bush ad in 2004. IMO, sinking to pretty low depths. Even more interesting is that NBC helped with the ad, but obviously not surprising.

regardless, it was a stupid reference to make. That asinine video is disturbing/creepy enough to stand on it's own, yet you give people an opportunity to avoid addressing the video and instead address your characterization.

As Jonah Goldberg wrote today on NRO - all any of us need to know about your politics is what you think of that video.

regardless, it was a stupid reference to make. That asinine video is disturbing/creepy enough to stand on it's own, yet you give people an opportunity to avoid addressing the video and instead address your characterization.

As Jonah Goldberg wrote today on NRO - all any of us need to know about your politics is what you think of that video.

Good point, cleaned it up prior to your post, feel free to edit further if you wish.

It's not an ad.

:lol:

Hitler youth? I think the song blows, but other than that who cares? It was written by a nine year old.

And you'd be surprised how informed kids are today. They follow politics pretty closely in grade school and up, even having debates and mock elections. Why is it so ridiculous to imagine kids aged nine to fifteen actually having an opinion? Good for them. It might make for a new generation of informed voters.

Terrible song, absurd choreography, but kudos to the kids for getting involved.

Seems fairly american. I remember makign bush/dukakis posters on construction paper when I was in grade school.

Using the election to teach kids about Democracy at school is one thing, putting them in a professional video for propaganda purposes is another.

Using the election to teach kids about Democracy at school is one thing, putting them in a professional video for propaganda purposes is another.

Seriously, man, we live in 2008. Youtube might as well be like hanging a flyer on a telephone poll, or painting a mural on a wall. It's just not that radical.

Hitler youth? I think the song blows, but other than that who cares? It was written by a nine year old.

And you'd be surprised how informed kids are today. They follow politics pretty closely in grade school and up, even having debates and mock elections. Why is it so ridiculous to imagine kids aged nine to fifteen actually having an opinion? Good for them. It might make for a new generation of informed voters.

Terrible song, absurd choreography, but kudos to the kids for getting involved.

Ages 5 - 12.

See other post above, one thing to use the election to teach kids about democracy, another to use them for political gain. Hollywood/News heavyweights were involved. IMO, this will backfire.

Ages 5 - 12.

See other post above, one thing to use the election to teach kids about democracy, another to use them for political gain. Hollywood/News heavyweights were involved. IMO, this will backfire.

Yes it will absolutely backfire! People will forget about the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression and turn all of their attention to a horrible youtube video that wasn't even made by the Obama campaign.

Ages 5 - 12.

Political gain? The only reason any of us are aware of this fan-vid is because you linked to it, and the only way you knew about it was via a righty blog. Hollywood news heavyweights. :lol:

Political gain? The only reason any of us are aware of this fan-vid is because you linked to it, and the only way you knew about it was via a righty blog. Hollywood news heavyweights. :lol:

It's highlighted on the front page of FoxNews.com, that's where I saw it.

EDIT: 1,500 posts about the video in the last hour on FoxNews.com

Yes it will absolutely backfire! People will forget about the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression and turn all of their attention to a horrible youtube video that wasn't even made by the Obama campaign.

Not saying that, politically I think this will get lots of press and will hurt Obama's campaign image. Look what a flag pin did.