Peter King's 1st Quarter MVP

scribo

With the first quarter of the 2008 NFL season in the books, SI's Peter King says....

Trent Edward is the league MVP.

He also rates the Bills #5, overall, this week.

MMQB reports...

MVP of the Quarter: Trent Edwards, QB, Buffalo. My MVP is tied for 12th in touchdown passes with four, 10th in passing yards with 930 and 10th in passer rating at 93.5. But the Bills are 4-0, and the difference is an efficient quarterback who, like all the great ones, plays better when the game's on the line than any other time of the game.

The Bills trailed 16-10 at Jacksonville in the fourth quarter, and Edwards threw a beautiful rainbow to James Hardy in the corner of the end zone to win it. The Bills trailed Oakland by nine with six minutes left, and Edwards led scoring drives to win it. The Bills trailed St. Louis by eight at the half Sunday, and Buffalo put up 25 points in the last 30 minutes to rout the Rams. He's got the steady-handed Brady cool about him, too.

I was called a homer by a fellow Bills fan last week when I asked about this potential during a Tim Graham SportsNation chat.

I fear we're bound to see Trent on the cover of SI before too long.

With the first quarter of the 2008 NFL season in the books, SI's Peter King says....

Trent Edward is the league MVP.

He also rates the Bills #5, overall, this week.

MMQB reports...

I was called a homer by a fellow Bills fan last week when I asked about this potential during a Tim Graham SportsNation chat.

I fear we're bound to see Trent on the cover of SI before too long.

I'd like it to be the edition right after the Super Bowl, with him holding the Lombardi Trophy.