Steely Dan

Hank Williams Jr. MNF Song  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Hank Williams Jr's song is...

• An Icon Of Monday Night Football And Should Always Be On
    • Was Annoying From Day 1 And Is Still Annoying 20 years Later
    • Ok, But It's Time For A Change Of Song And Artist
    • A Good Song Just Needs A New Artist
  2. 2. Faith Hills Sunday Night Football Song Should Be..

• Done At The End Of This Season And A New Singer Brought In.
    • Taken Out And The Song And Artist Needs To Be Changed
    • Should Become The Icon Of SNF
    • Has Always Been Annoying.

I'm a man for standing up and admitting it. Jack-ASS!!

I'm sure there are guys here who have a lot worse things than that but aren't man enough to admit it. If they want a heavy start pick Springsteen or Foo-Fighters or Clapton or the Sex Pistols or McCartney "Live and let die" or Tom Petty or on and on. Country music sucks!!!!

You are over compensating again.

Pink? WTF?

Why are there ANY songs for football games. It's fuc#ing football, for Christ's sake. How about no stupid-ass intro songs from dumb country bumpkins, or no-talent pop stars?

Pink?

Dude, you need to change your handle, after that post.

Not that I'm endorsing either version; however, if given the choice of the 2, I would take the Pink version over the Faith version any day of the week.

They're obviously trying to replicate the fun, raucous imagery of the MNF Hank song. In no way does Faith Hill portray wild and crazy fun time about to be had.

For those that dislike Hank's MNF version... remember the year they tried the various hip hop/pop groups each week. Now that was horrendous.

Not that I'm endorsing either version; however, if given the choice of the 2, I would take the Pink version over the Faith version any day of the week.

They're obviously trying to replicate the fun, raucous imagery of the MNF Hank song. In no way does Faith Hill portray wild and crazy fun time about to be had.

For those that dislike Hank's MNF version... remember the year they tried the various hip hop/pop groups each week. Now that was horrendous.

Finally, someone else with a brain. :pirate:

OH NO you dint! :w00t:

OH YES I dind!! :o

I have to change the channel when either of those lame songs starts up. If it were up to me, Hobo Chang Ba by Captain Beefheart would be the theme song for all the games.

In the rare instances I tune into MNF, I turn the volume down to near zero.

My tv's mute function displays a non-removable lilac-colored, large sized MUTE to remind me that I have committed the sin of not wanting to listen to programming or advertising blather, and thus I must be punished.

My tv's mute function displays a non-removable lilac-colored, large sized MUTE to remind me that I have committed the sin of not wanting to listen to programming or advertising blather, and thus I must be punished.

What are you & the missus listening to on the ol Victrola these days? :pirate:

Wow, your tv is pretty judgemental.

What about Steely Dan falling down the stairs carrying a bowl of hot soup?

:(:o

Hmmm… add a big funny hat and make it his grand entry to a fancy costume ball and you got a winner!

:D

:(:w00t:

What are you & the missus listening to on the ol Victrola these days? :D

Oh C'mon he's not that old. It's a combination receiver and 8 track tape player. :D

Wow, your tv is pretty judgemental.

Sounds to me like you're be judgmental about his TV being judgmental! :pirate:

Why are there ANY songs for football games. It's fuc#ing football, for Christ's sake. How about no stupid-ass intro songs from dumb country bumpkins, or no-talent pop stars?

Thank you.

Fortunately, I learned years ago to tune into any sporting event on ESPN 15 minutes late to avoid as much nonsense as possible.