ESPN: Corey McIntyre in, Darian Barnes out at FB

Lori

That's right. He proved to be a pretty sh------- blocker so they got rid of him. Not anything groundbreaking.

Exactly, not really a big deal. Football wise, he will not be missed. Personality wise, he may be missed as it seemed like he was well liked. But football players are used to the business side of the sport and it shouldn't be an issue. GO BILLS!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and for someone who just might throw a freaking block and clear a path for Marshawn. Barnes wasn't getting it done!

Not to mention he had loose hands. Something tells me Marv's Dick wasn't too please with how he fumbled the ball - even though it didn't actually cost the team anything in a game. It's another message from on high. Do your job or you're outta here.

Not to mention he had loose hands. Something tells me Marv's Dick wasn't too please with how he fumbled the ball - even though it didn't actually cost the team anything in a game. It's another message from on high. Do your job or you're outta here.

:lol:

Haven't seen a "Marv's Dick" reference since Levy left. Very nice!

I think I have the answer. McIntyre was a RFA during the last FA period and the Bills brought him in, but he probably wanted more money than the Bills were willing to offer (a la Bryant Johnson), so he wasn't given an offer sheet. Getting no better offers, he re-signed with the Falcons for one year (again a la Bryant Johnson), only to be cut before the season started. The Bills probably still liked him, but since it was so close to the start of the season and Barnes knew the system, they decided to see what Barnes had. After failing to impress, the Bills made the move. Barnes is healthy, or at least healthy-enough to play, and even if he weren't, I don't think he could file a grievance since his salary for the season was guaranteed anyway.

From the sounds of it, McIntyre should be an upgrade in the run-blocking department, and especially on ST's. He'll probably be no worse as a runner and receiver. That is, once he learns the system.

Good article in the Buffalonews today.

I thought I would share this wonderful quote:

'What’s his motivation on kick coverage? Simple, said McIntyre:

“My mentality is I have to feed my kids, so somebody has their food and I have to go get it,” he said. “I see the ball, go get the ball.”'

That's pretty deep.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/453117.html

Good article in the Buffalonews today.

I thought I would share this wonderful quote:

'What's his motivation on kick coverage? Simple, said McIntyre:

"My mentality is I have to feed my kids, so somebody has their food and I have to go get it," he said. "I see the ball, go get the ball."'

That's pretty deep.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/453117.html

I forget which player it was, but either Chris Spielman or Bill Romanowski used to imagine that opposing players were trying to steal his (then) infant/young daughter. Hey, whatever motivation you need!