Is Media Favoring Obama?

I'm not acting like anything. I responded to the silly notion that "the Washington Post and NYT do alright" and was met with criticism of Fox News. :ph34r: Well, I never mentioned Fox News and if the Times and Post is someone's definition of unbiased reporting then I would like to see what the heck constitutes biased reporting.

WRT to the WP article, I thought it was the headline, but regardless - it was reported on page A1 like I said. It was a 15 year old reference....

The NYT and WHP both do alright. They are great news sources. Not perfect, but way better than anything you will find on TV

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a little grist for the mill...

One Poll Where John McCain Is Beating Barack Obama

Between the debate suspension debacle, the ongoing Sarah Palin implosion and his continued fall in the polls, last week wasn't great for John McCain.

In spite of this, or perhaps because of it, the media continues to write about the Arizona Senator more than his Democratic counterpart. Marketwatch, tell it like it is:

According to the LexisNexis® Analytics 2008 election dashboard, Sen. McCain was the subject of 9 percent more U.S. media coverage than Sen. Obama last week, the fourth consecutive week that Sen. McCain has received more press coverage than Sen. Obama since the election dashboard began tracking U.S. press coverage in early-July. Prior to Sen. McCain's four-week streak, Sen. Obama had garnered more press coverage in each of the previous eight weeks that were monitored.

But is the coverage positive or negative?

According to the same article, 36 percent of the McCain coverage was negative, compared with just 31 percent for Barack Obama. In contrast, 32 percent of stories written about the elder senator was positive, compared with 34 percent for his opponent.

As far as vice presidential candidates go, Sarah Palin and Joe Biden are virtually tied in terms of the positive vs. negative coverage ratios, but McCain's running partner has seen three times the amount of stories penned about her.

Seems to me that since most everyone has thought that McCain wasn't having his best week, the small degree of more favorable news for Obama had more to do with what was actually happening than media bias.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/elec...obama_96093.asp

we're using blogs as credible sources?

So referencing a blog that references a New York Times Article is not a credible source? You people are in such denial that even your counter points fly in the face of the facts.

And anyone that believes the NYT's is not in the bag for Obama along with most MSM reporters have their head up their too far up their a$s.

This subject has been hashed here more than once and no one on the left can state one fact that discounts it. You can say FOX and talk radio are right wing but not CNN, ABC, NBC, NPR, CBS, MSLSD, NYT, WashPost, LA Times, ChiCom Tribune et. al.