One big question???

Helmet_hair

I agree, score record it dont matter. You try to protect your QB, I counted no joke either 6 times they could have run a screen pass and gain 20 plus yards.

We ran a screen pass in Week 1 a number of times. In Weeks 3 and 4 I can't remember any off the top of my head. Not trying to be Mr. Offensive Genius here but it's a basic play that works really well for us. Why not?

Look! I'm not putting the Bills down in any way and I'm happy with the Bills and the coaching but, as a matter of the game of football and how it's played it seemed obvious to me and many others that a coupe of screen passes would have made it a much easier time for the Bills by making the Rams stay at home more rather then bouncing all over blitzing and over perusing. We have a very smart offensive coach so why did he not used it, as that's what the screen was intended for?

I didn't think it would be a hard question to answer, so it must be a good question that should be asked of the Bills if they are beat using the Rams D schemes in the future. I was hoping there was a good reason for not using the screen because if they was I'd feel a lot better about going deep into the playoffs.

Look! I'm not putting the Bills down in any way and I'm happy with the Bills and the coaching but, as a matter of the game of football and how it's played it seemed obvious to me and many others that a coupe of screen passes would have made it a much easier time for the Bills by making the Rams stay at home more rather then bouncing all over blitzing and over perusing. We have a very smart offensive coach so why did he not used it, as that's what the screen was intended for?

I haven't seen any Bills game, so if you say they aren't using them much, I believe you.

But in principle, you are right. I'm a fan of screens, and of pass-catching RBs. And in bad weather, howling winds - it's very useful to be adept at screen passing.

And if you have to go to an inexperienced back-up QB, they certainly help him out.

oh so the game was perfect for the BILLs and NEVER in question?

You know, when you were a baby in your crib, your father looked down at you, he had but one hope - some day my son will grow to be a man. Well look at you now. You just got your asses whipped by a bunch of goddamn nerds.

*NERDS*! Well, if I was you, I'd do something about it. I would get up and redeem myself in the eyes of my father, my maker, and my *coach*!

You know, when you were a baby in your crib, your father looked down at you, he had but one hope - some day my son will grow to be a man. Well look at you now. You just got your asses whipped by a bunch of goddamn nerds.

*NERDS*! Well, if I was you, I'd do something about it. I would get up and redeem myself in the eyes of my father, my maker, and my *coach*!

neeerrrds?!? NEEERRRRRRRRRDS!!

I SMELL NeeEERRRDS!!

why didn't the Bill use the screen pass to catch the over blitzing Rams off guard?

That's a good question. It looked like the Bills offensive blockers locked onto specific players rather than flexing to cover blitzes coming from position or direction. From what I've seen so far, the Bills' screen passes haven't worked well this year because they've used them at the wrong times - when the defenses are set up to cover them rather than in blitz situations. I'd like to see Schonert tweak the play calling to hit quick screens or slants on blitz situations. Hit 2 or 3 of those and the defense will pull back. The Giants do that really well.